starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check - Take 2

Default Squat Form Check - Take 2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all,

After some feedback, I recorded another squat form check video. My main problem in the video posted in Squat Form Check was I really messing up my knee position. I think I was focusing too much on getting my knees just right that I screwed it up entirely.

I've since focused less on getting my knees perfect and more on getting them "OUT" when I break at the top. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

295x5 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by michael.tiemeyer View Post
    Hi all,

After some feedback, I recorded another squat form check video. My main problem in the video posted in Squat Form Check was I really messing up my knee position. I think I was focusing too much on getting my knees just right that I screwed it up entirely.

I've since focused less on getting my knees perfect and more on getting them "OUT" when I break at the top. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

295x5 - YouTube
    Still doesn't look like you're setting your knee angle quick enough when you break the knees and hips. That's why you're rocking at the bottom and end up doing a good morning.

Push your hips back more and set your knees out in the first half of the squat. You might end up setting a bit more of a horizontal back angle than you are currently. Don't fret about this.

Also, resist the urge to lift the chest up when you hit a sticking point. Think "don't let my chest drop."

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep working on it.