starting strength gym

Thread: Form check - Deadlift and OH Press. Need your kindness again

Default Form check - Deadlift and OH Press. Need your kindness again

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Want to say a huge thank you to those who shared their feedback on my squat and bench videos yesterday. I am very grateful to you.

I want to transform my life and I really need your kindness.

Kindly take a look at the Deadlift and Overhead Press videos and please please please share as much detailed advice as you can. Please and thank you.

(Deadlift May 18 - YouTube)

(Overhead press May 18 - YouTube)

**please click on HD or high resolution and make it big screen if the video is blurry. I will truly and greatly appreciate your detailed feedback**

Male / 37 years / 181 cms/ 250 pounds / goal is not to be fat and weak anymore

On the deadlift squeeze your chest up hard. Like you are trying to show off your chest to someone in front of you. The idea he is to get the rounding out of your back. I'm thinking there is also a problem in your setup. If you have the starting strength book reread the deadlift chapter and whether you have the book or not watch the starting strength YouTube videos about the deadlift. Hold your back tight throughout the lift squeezing your abs hard as you can.

I've got to go to work but I'll try to remember to come back and say more and talk about your press.

Ok so to give more and better feedback on deadlift we really need a different angle. A more knowledgeable person like a coach might be able to say more based on what you've given but to get the best advice on what all you're doing wrong and how to fix it. There is a sticky thread in this Technique forum category that talks about how to film the various SS lifts including the deadlift.

With what little I can see if the relationship between the bar and your feet it looks like you are pulling from over your toes. At light weights that are easy this won't be a problem but inefficient, when the weight gets heavy it won't be possible. As indicated in the SS guidelines the bar must be over the middle of the entire foot (heel to toe) in order to conduct an efficient transmission of force from the ground to the bar.
    Last edited by Sean Kibler; 05-23-2017 at 07:39 PM.