starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,

I wanted to get some input on my squat. I had really severe high hamstring tendinopathy last year and had to stop squatting/deadlifting for half the year, but got back into it a few months ago after PT and worked my way up from 130 to 260. It was going well, but at 260 I had a rep where I felt a little tug in that area and so it started bugging me again a little bit. After a week of trying to squat, I figured I should stop lifting this week to rest up and lite PT in the hopes it'll bounce back.

The issue is I feel at about 260 I may have been tilting a bit too much at the bottom and lightly good morning it, so I reset down to 235 for 2.5lbs increases and in an attempt to stop that tilt, really tried to think sit down/back and chest up the whole time. Now I am unsure if perhaps I am doing it too much? Some of the reps were kind of meh because of the concentration on that, so I wanted to see if my train of thought it correct or if I am taking to it far and it is screwing me up?

This link has all 3 stitched together and sorry it is not at a 45 angle, but this post was kind of unplanned.

Squat combined - YouTube

Also, though I want to continue low bar, would it be wiser to switch to high bar in my case since despite my tendon getting better, it seems to be a hair trigger away from tugging again?

Thanks for the help!

These squats are all too high. Need to go down about 2 more inches.