starting strength gym

Thread: 70kg deadlift form check please.

Default 70kg deadlift form check please.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello. This is the last set of deadlifts deloaded from 90kg to correct form. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Deadline form check 6 - YouTube

You don't look really tight in the setup - CHEST UP while not dropping your hips and get tight as you can. I proper deadlift setup is uncomfortable.

Stop yanking the bar off of the floor.

Squeezing the bar off the floor | On the Platform - YouTube

Have you read the book? You don't seem to have any of the setup or bracing cues in your head when you begin the lift. I suggest thoroughly reading the chapter on Deadlifting in SS and come back later. Here are four things you should work on until then:

1. Bend at the hips and grab the bar (with double overhand grip) without bending the knees much at first. Your back will probably round, which is fine for now.

2. Drop the shins to the bar without moving it forward. This should place your hips slightly below the shoulders.

3. Think of pulling 50% of the weight before you lift the barbell and drive your chest up, pull your shoulders back, and think of pulling your tailbone to your mid back to force lumbar extension.

4. Push the ground away from the bar.

You seem to have similar lower back issues as I have. Although your mid-upper spine is flat, it looks like your lumbar spine is flexed. Be careful, I've been hurting my back for a while with that type of form.