starting strength gym

Thread: Squat/Deadlift 155 lbs.

Default Squat/Deadlift 155 lbs.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey everyone,

I've run through SS before, but an annoying lower back injury forced me to stop lifting for a bit. I'm now restarting and would like someone to point out any flaws in my squat and deadlift forms.

Squat and Deadlift Form Check - YouTube

I feel like I'm not reaching depth on the squat and on some reps I feel a slight pain in my lower back. Deadlifts felt fine, but I figured I should have it checked out too. The video shows all of my working sets from my most recent workout.

SQ: You're much too wide and much too vertical. You need to bring your heels inline with your hips. Toes stay out 30 degrees. You'll then push your knees out and hips back at the same time, while pointing your nipples at the floor. Hip drive from the bottom.

DL: Your feet look too wide. Bring your feet in and hands in. Follow the five step setup. Eat all of the food.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind next workout.

Squat. It's hard to tell (bad video angle) but it seems like you're looking forward. Stare at a point 4-5 feet away on the floor and sit back while pointing your nipples towards the floor. Work on taking a huge breath and keeping your midsection tight (like you're about to be punched in the gut). You are very shallow and may require a deload to correct your form.

Deadlift: Follow the 5 steps. Don't let your hips drop.

Thanks for the advice Greg. I know it's a weird camera angle but I was trying to compromise to make it eye level and be close enough to 45 degrees. I'll probably move my rack for a better angle and post another vid soon.