starting strength gym

Thread: I've been trying to fix my bar path in the squat

Default I've been trying to fix my bar path in the squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    thanks for looking!
    I had a form check in February here http://startingstrength.com/resource...orm-check.html
    I'd like to say thank you to Coach Tom C. for his advice in that thread. Since then i have worked on pushing out and setting my knees earlier, and leaning over a bit more.
    I think I have mostly gotten my knees under control. I have also worked on upper back tightness, bracing, and setup in general. But now I am having trouble getting the bar to go up without rocking forward coming out of the hole.
    Please look at these squats and tell me if you can see anything i'm doing wrong / what i can work on to fix this (bar path related or just general). Much appreciated!

Tuck your junk under your ass instead of humping forward at the bottom. You'll feel your hamstrings stretch when you do it correctly.

Thanks. I think I see what you are saying. I will work on it and post a video update

Keep the bar midfoot, sit back more. Slow tempo squats for your first 2-3 warm up sets can help you "feel" the midfoot/balance.