starting strength gym

Thread: Squat, Press, Deadlift form check

Default Squat, Press, Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    185 Pound Squat: June 23 2017 squat - YouTube tried to fix upper back rounding.
    75 Pound Press: June 23 2017 press - YouTube accidentally did 6 because i lost count (focus issue) do i need anymore layback or bounce?
    200 pound Deadlift: June 23 2017 deadlift - YouTube I have a terrible habit of cocking my arms on my pulls. Do I forcibly nearly hyperextend my elbows or do i just take a firm grip while letting arms dangle. Also feels like im missing something at the top of the lift. (also did 6 again DANG IT)

Bodyweight 157 pounds ( up from a week ago 150).

Hello,

re: Press

it looks pretty neat, at least to my eyes. Maybe you could tuck the elbows in a little more, they seem to flare out a little at the start.
    Also, you could try imparting a bit more speed at the very start, a bit more aggression. Once the weight becomes really heavy, a good, dynamic start will give you a chance to close the rep; you want the bar to carry a bit of momentum when it gets level with your forehead.
    No comment on the hip thing, I don't Press 2.0 so I am not qualified to comment on it.

Hope this helps,

IPB

Squats: Keep your chin tucked on the ascent, and drive up with your hips for longer than currently are doing (you get out of your hips and try to lift your chest too early).

DL: You drop your hips too much to set your back, instead of relying on rotating your chest up between your shoulders (step 4).