• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    x - YouTube

Sets shown = 1 and 5
    Weight = 45kg x 5 x 3
    Age = 20
    DL = 145kg x 1 x 5

I don't know why the video is so blurry.

This is my first time doing PCs in months. I've been doing dumbbell rows for my shoulder instead but my gym doesn't have enough dumbbells and my shoulder isn't improving that much so I thought it was time for PCs.

Any thoughts/criticism?
    Last edited by SS2016; 07-08-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Your set up looks a little soft, get tighter. You are starting your jump low, the bar should be touching your leg just above your knee before you jump. Looks a bit light for you, too - but that's probably a 'good' problem.

Hello,

IMHO, for a first time is not that bad, but here's a thing you probably need to start working on soon; it all looks quite slow.

The part that goes from the floor to above the knees can be dealt with in several ways; some people rip the bar off the floor and reach the 'go' position in a hurry, some people raise it in a controlled way and place the bar around mid-thigh carefully. There might be improvements in your setup and pull (there are always, for almost everyone) regardless of how you get the bar to the 'go' position, what happens next should be pretty much the same for everyone; fast, extremely dynamic, aggressive, almost quantic in the switch between extending the body and racking the bar.
    You are simply moving a bit too slow for now, which is fine, because you are learning what to do, how to actually move your limbs during the lift.

Once you know what to do (give it another two, three sessions), you'll have to train your brain to do it much, much quicker. Which is both simple, and quite difficult.
    Simple because, well, you just move faster.
    Quite difficult because you have to adjust what your brain thinks is an acceptable definition of fast. And because for the PC, once the weight becomes interesting, your brain will be basically required to start firing aggressive commands way before they are actually needed. There is literally no time to think during the second phase of a PC, what happens is already decided, programmed and loaded way before that moment.

So, for the time being keep going, execute your pull correctly, find the right spot to 'go', get your main bearings in place. Once you've got these things in place, krank the speed up.

Hope this helps,

IPB