starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Form check for beginner-175lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    ... and stop looking up when it gets harder.

Well it happened, worked on videoing all of my warm up sets to watch form, everything appeared ok to me; sure there are areas to improve but nothing grossly off. So I went to a new PR for me at 180 and on the 2nd rep of the 2nd set I felt a very new and unfamiliar sharp pain in my lower back...now I lay here, on the floor contemplating life and what's next...lol... Maybe just call a spade a spade and try a new program that can't f*^#k me up.

I have some videos posted below of the warm up and working sets. Any new advice or thoughts on what went wrong and what to do next is appreciated. Naturally, a PT may be in order depending on how the next 48 - 72 hrs work out

7/22 squat - Warm Up 80lbs - YouTube

7/22 squat - Warm Up 115lbs - YouTube

7/22 squat - Warm Up 150lbs - YouTube

7/22 squat - 180lbs - YouTube

7/22 squat - 180lbs w sharp pain - YouTube

Well it happened, worked on videoing all of my warm up sets to watch form, everything appeared ok to me; sure there are areas to improve but nothing grossly off. So I went to a new PR for me at 180 and on the 2nd rep of the 2nd set I felt a very new and unfamiliar sharp pain in my lower back...now I lay here, on the floor contemplating life and what's next...lol... Maybe just call a spade a spade and try a new program that can't f*^#k me up.

I have some videos posted below of the warm up and working sets. Any new advice or thoughts on what went wrong and what to do next is appreciated. Naturally, a PT may be in order depending on how the next 48 - 72 hrs work out

7/22 squat - Warm Up 80lbs - YouTube

7/22 squat - Warm Up 115lbs - YouTube

7/22 squat - Warm Up 150lbs - YouTube

7/22 squat - 180lbs - YouTube

7/22 squat - 180lbs w sharp pain - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Do what mgilchrest said and do the tubow. Keep your head down.

Your form, while consistent through the sets, is still too verticle, knees forward, and loose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12