starting strength gym

Thread: Squat 110kg for 5 reps, need crirtique

Default Squat 110kg for 5 reps, need crirtique

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I used to do 120 but my form wasnt right so dropped down to 110, dont feel like im doing it right, feel it in lower back too much

I'm not a coach and honestly I'm not sure where to start because these are really high...

Can you get to depth just doing the squat stretch?

Yeah, these are not even close to depth and, honestly, it looks like you are intentionally stopping high. You're holding the bar up with your wrists under it as opposed to pinning it to your back. You're lifting your head and your chest too much and killing your hip drive. You aren't setting your knees. Can you get a video from the back 45 degree angle that doesn't move around?

You need to reduce the weight to something you can squat to depth. A read through of the squat section in SSBBT3 would be helpful. Even just watching Rip's videos on YouTube would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    Yeah, these are not even close to depth and, honestly, it looks like you are intentionally stopping high. You're holding the bar up with your wrists under it as opposed to pinning it to your back. You're lifting your head and your chest too much and killing your hip drive. You aren't setting your knees. Can you get a video from the back 45 degree angle that doesn't move around?
    If I go lower I will hit pins on squat rack, but yh i lean forward too much, Ive been squatting continously last 1 yr and a half, but my technique is really bad, ive watched countless vids, to no avail, thats why I made vid and posted it here, I know I can do alot more as my legs are pretty big, just need pointers on how I should improve, and what to do, I posted one for deadlift, and I think Ive finally gotten technique right now after soem help on my vid, just my squat left to fix

starting strength coach development program
    Hi bk1991,

Quote Originally Posted by bk1991 View Post
    but my technique is really bad,
    sorry to be blunt, but I don't think there is any point in talking technique on a lift that does not meet the minimum requirements.
    First, you need to hit depth, if only with an empty bar. If the safeties are too high, lift outside the rack.
    Once your squats are deep enough, you can start looking at the various parts of the lift, to see if there is anything to improve.
    Right now, you are asking us to judge your omelette, but you only have some eggs and spinach in a bowl.

IPB