starting strength gym

Thread: Bench Press Check - Bodyweight at last for full 3x5

Default Bench Press Check - Bodyweight at last for full 3x5

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I had a 3 month break and been getting back to it for a couple of months now. Trying to keep my bodyweight and lifts where they're now.
    Gained 10kg in the first 2 (68kg -> 78kg / 150lbs -> 172lbs) months and decided to drop some weight for the summer.
    I know this isn't what you guys want to hear but I'll get back to eating and training harder in a month.
    Haven't lost any strength while "cutting" a bit, but haven't gained strength any either except for Bench and OHP - so I'm pretty happy with it
    and I was expecting to lose some strength.

Stats at the moment (3x5 and 1x5 for DL)
    Bodyweight: 72,5kg / 160lbs
    Squat: 100kg / 220lbs
    Bench: 72,5kg / 160lbs
    OHP: 42,5kg / 94lbs
    Deadlift: 115kg / 254lbs

---

Not sure if you get anything out of this video because of the angle, but I have to try.

If this angle is of no help, I'll try to take the next video from above as the sticky suggests.

My ass is on the bench the whole time, I'm trying to initiate some leg drive, and was
    somewhat successful on doing it today, after I placed the yoga mat on the bench to get
    some traction.

Yku're touching a little low and your elbows are too tucked. Moving your touch point up just a bit should fix both.

Quote Originally Posted by Dujin View Post
    Yku're touching a little low and your elbows are too tucked. Moving your touch point up just a bit should fix both.
    Definitely think I'm touching the bar an inch or so too low - the touch point is a bit below my nipples. I might be too worried about shoulder impingement, but I'll experiment with it today!