starting strength gym

Thread: YouTube: Baraki Coaching Session - Squat/Deadlift (1 hour)

Default YouTube: Baraki Coaching Session - Squat/Deadlift (1 hour)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm sharing a video I recently recorded of a coaching session with Austin Baraki in San Antonio, TX. This was my 2nd coaching session with Austin. In the 1st session a few months ago, we walked through all 5 of the main Starting Strength lifts. I made progress on my own for a while, but was slowed down by pain/technique problems. For several years, I've had chronic hip pain. We specifically focused on the squat and the deadlift to try to rectify the pain.

The key takeaways were focusing on keeping my weight balanced over mid foot for the squat (front to back and side to side) and correcting the deadlift starting position (starting mid foot, keeping hips higher, and properly resetting between reps). The video ends with an advanced novice programming discussion. Hope this is helpful for anyone else that may be having similar problems. The quality isn't the greatest, but you should be able to hear the conversation clearly.

Baraki Coaching Session #2: Squat & Deadlift - Fixing Hip Pain (7/9/17) - YouTube

Squat coaching timestamp - Baraki Coaching Session #2: Squat & Deadlift - Fixing Hip Pain (7/9/17) - YouTube
    Deadlift coaching timestamp - Baraki Coaching Session #2: Squat & Deadlift - Fixing Hip Pain (7/9/17) - YouTube
    Programming discussion timestamp - Baraki Coaching Session #2: Squat & Deadlift - Fixing Hip Pain (7/9/17) - YouTube

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.