starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check 155

Default Squat form check 155

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Bar path doesn't look straight.
    form check 160 - YouTube
    Last edited by jo56; 07-27-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Dude, you need to get a better video. More light and from the back 45 degree angle. I can tell you are moving your head around and dropping it too low. I think you're holding the bar wrong, but it's hard to tell from this angle. Your depth looks spotty and I think your stance may be off. Get another video with at least more light, please.

I think everything needs to be more upright?
    form check 2 - YouTube
    Appreciate the feedback.

You look like you have the right idea about what you should be doing, but there's actually a lot that needs to be fixed here. First, we need to fix how you're holding the bar. You're wrists should be straighter so that the back of your hand and your forearm are inline with each each other. You may need to start with your hands a little more on top of the bar when you go to unrack. You need to pull your elbows together, not up. This will help set the upper back. You need to get your upper back in extension (check out the thoracic extension article on here). Keep your head in a fixed position - don't headbang.

Your entire torso needs to be tighter. See how your back rounds? Get a harder valsalva and squeeze everything.

Where do you live?

Reminds me of a clip of Rip coaching
    The Squat | Rip Coaching - Starting Strength Method - YouTube

Try thinking about a "Chest Up!" cue to maintain the back angle, while still making sure to drive with the hips.

I live in WV, but I am underage so I doubt I'll be able to get any real life coaching. squat check 1 rep - YouTube
    I think I fixed my wrists and I had to think about being completely vertical to achieve this position.

starting strength coach development program
    That's a little better. Still way too loose.

Depending on where you are in West Virginia, you aren't that far from Racculia and Musser.