starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Press' Hip Drive

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandisk View Post
    What about the way down of the lift? Does the hip drive need to be performed to clear the head out of the way again? But this time slower, without a bounce?
    You need to stop fretting and start pressing. Watch the videos on the site. READ THE BOOK. Post a video if you're concerned about your technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Nichols View Post
    You need to stop fretting and start pressing. Watch the videos on the site. READ THE BOOK. Post a video if you're concerned about your technique.
    I have read the book, nothing is mentioned about the way down, and I'm not just fretting without actually ever pressing, I have been struggling with the press' form for many months, due to unclarity in certain aspects of the technique, form happened to be the only thing holding me back from making admirable progression, since all the other criteria (like sleep, devotion, nutrition, stress reduction) posed no problems. Now, I'm just trying to clarify for myself certain points of technique I am not sure about, so I can stop letting bad form be the sole restriction of my progression. You actually helped me a lot by clearing up to me some miniscule details I wasn't sure about for quite a prolonged period of time. Also, the most recent question was actually the last one I had, but whatever, thanks for all the help, and sorry I bothered you.

Post a video

Post a video
    My press form is good now, just there's this one last thing I'm not sure about which is clearing the head out of the vertical bar path on the way down, since I've seen it being done in multiple ways in videos: some just look up at the ceiling without any hip movement, and some thrust their hips forward so the bar can clear the head just as it did on the way up... What is the correct way?

My press form is good now, just there's this one last thing I'm not sure about which is clearing the head out of the vertical bar path on the way down, since I've seen it being done in multiple ways in videos: some just look up at the ceiling without any hip movement, and some thrust their hips forward so the bar can clear the head just as it did on the way up... What is the correct way?
    I'm confused here. Just aim for the nose on the way down. No need to look at the ceiling or do anything weird with your hips. Just get back to the starting position

I'm confused here. Just aim for the nose on the way down. No need to look at the ceiling or do anything weird with your hips. Just get back to the starting position
    But during lockout, the bar is overhead, and the head is blocking the bar from returning to the starting position in a vertical path

But during lockout, the bar is overhead, and the head is blocking the bar from returning to the starting position in a vertical path
    So move your head out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    So move your head out of the way.
    That's exactly what I'm asking about... If not by looking up at the ceiling, and not by any hip movement, how am I supposed to move the head out of the way to let the bar return to the starting position in a straight vertical line?

That's exactly what I'm asking about... If not by looking up at the ceiling, and not by any hip movement, how am I supposed to move the head out of the way to let the bar return to the starting position in a straight vertical line?
    Anyone?

starting strength coach development program

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast