starting strength gym
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I Taught a 64-yo Woman to Squat, Deadlift and Press Today

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, I'm 70 and started SS a year ago. Never felt better. I rushed into it at first only to find my forms was off. So, I started over again. at 60% of my former PRs. I have no personal Coach (I live in a hick town in Europe) just local Gym Jocks. But, I do have THE BOOK & the SS DVD. I'm an MD so I try to use proprioception as Rip describes. That having been said, I'm afraid of hurting myself! I've never been a sportsman but find SS is a godsend. I'd like to start/join a Seniors Forum and share. Can you help me out here? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FRECHETTE View Post
    I'd like to start/join a Seniors Forum and share. Can you help me out here? Thanks
    You don't need to start one. Just keep posting here and consider yourself to have joined this one. Welcome geezosaur.

Welcome Doctor. I'm a young guy. I'm only 67. I wasn't much of a sportsman either. I really enjoy this and am much stronger today than I've been since I was a young guy. I'm looking forward to reading about your progress. You may wish to post on the Starting Strength forum with each day's progress.

Wellcome Europist, Im a youngster of 63. Hope you like it here! I dig it.

Now you can tell your younger trainee's " If a 64 year old women can squat so can you"

starting strength coach development program
    I found this old thread again and thought it was worth digging up.

It's interesting to see how far we've all come. Rosemary and and Gyorgi are still lifting... now up to 75/31/115 and 150/100/160 respectively. And Sullivan has a whole gym of his own, too, greysteel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789