starting strength gym
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Human Tricks (Closing CoC#3)

Default Stupid Human Tricks (Closing CoC#3)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've dusted off my Captain's of Crush grippers & I'm aiming to finally close #3.

If this is one of your side-ambitions, join the thread. I know there were a few folks chasing #3.

If you can close #3, post a video to inspire us (read: make us feel like nutless piles of meat).

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    If you can close #3, post a video to inspire us (read: make us feel like nutless piles of meat).
    Especially if you have closed 3.5 or....4!!!!

I hurt my knuckle playing with #4 and gave it away.

I'm waiting for iron mind to get me a ref to get certified on #3. If I can close it tonight I'll post a video. It's hit or miss whether I can close it. Though after deadlifts or anything that works my grip I typically can't.

How close are you all ? I've found negatives to help. And technique is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    I hurt my knuckle playing with #4 and gave it away.

I'm waiting for iron mind to get me a ref to get certified on #3. If I can close it tonight I'll post a video. It's hit or miss whether I can close it. Though after deadlifts or anything that works my grip I typically can't.

I've crushed the #2, so I'm fairly far off.

I got these for christmas. I have a 1, 1.5, and 2. can close the 2 for 4 reps but Im finding it really hard to set it in my hand consistently.

I'm grip-detrained right now, but should ramp up to old strength pretty quickly. I can do 6 reps at 2.5 with my dominant hand (I remember 10 reps being an old PR). So...old PR was kinda close. Presently, a ways off

Just got a #3...I'll post a video of an attempt.
    Last edited by John Hanley; 03-26-2014 at 11:37 PM.

How do you use them? I can't close a 1.5 yet. I don't think I've made any progress on them at all.

I'm definitely in. I can do singles with a #2. If nothing else, I want a little blurb about me in MILO.

I will use these during today's training, in between sets. Oh yeah.

I closed the #3 a few years ago then got out of it. I can close the #2.5 fairly well but, I'm only going about 3/4s the way with the #3. I also do a TNS so, it's quite a bit harder.

I'm currently training grip and pinch. I'm trying to get my deadlift total up and my grip is the limiting factor.

starting strength coach development program
    Had to step through video; may not have fully closed this, though sounds like metal on metal. Meh. Not easy to film! Tried again and I'm thinking chalk may have helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1q38Bt__U
    Last edited by idlehands; 03-27-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast