starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: squat shoulder pain - solution - DIY bar handles

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by indigo View Post
    Do you think these will help relieve elbow tendonitis pain that idiots like me get, because we can't seem to squat properly ? Apparently I take some of the weight on my wrists.
    Learning to grip the bar correctly would be a far better solution. Not possible for everyone, but it doesn't sound like you have the kind of immobility that some of the guys looking for alternative solutions do.

Thanks Steve for posting this, and thanks Adam for your comments and testing them. I just started the program this month, and have had major difficulties in setting up for the low bar squat. Whether it's age (I'm 67) lack of flexibility or just long forearms, I could not get my hands back far enough. I have been stretching and doing shoulder dislocations, but have not seen sufficient progress yet. I was reduced to doing goblet squats with kettlebells just to get some work in.

Since I already had a piece of the same PVC pipe, my total investment was just over $5 Canadian, or under $4 in real money. Sure beats spending a fortune and waiting for delivery. I bought the static line this morning and squatted this afternoon. I had considered various ways to accomplish the same thing, but this is by far the easiest and cheapest solution.

starting strength coach development program
    Does the bar roll...meaning is it difficult to keep it in it's position?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12