starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Year of SS

Default One Year of SS

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Body weight: 183 to 185.

Height: Well, I'm not shrinking...yet. Ha! Still 5'6".

Diet, nutrition and shit: been eating paleo-ish since beginning SS. I tried Whey for about 3 months. I have no idea if it did any good, so screw the supplements, and tracking macros and diet. I don't want to spend the time or money; and I'm not convinced anybody really, I mean really, understands that shit. Of course, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before, just ask my wife.

Resting heart rate: from 60 to 68. WTF?!?! I was expecting great things here.

Squats: 95 to 275. Grindy. as. hell. now. Might be due for a 10% reset, or something. Open to suggestions. I love ascending 5s for squats!

Press: 85 to 115. Been stuck here for several weeks. No bench for me. I may need to think about programming over a 2 week cycle, or finally use my fractional-plates. I've always had pressing as part of my workouts, so I sorta started as an intermediate with this lift.

Deadlift: 135 to 295. Pretty grindy. Added back-off set a couple weeks ago and it's not as bad as I thought.

Chins: just started a couple weeks ago. Yesterday I managed 5x2. After 40 years, I can finally do a chin-up! Boo-YAHH!

A: Ascending 5s squats, press w/back-off, deadlift w/back-off.
    B: Ascending 5s squats up to last warmup weight, light press (but I'm all over the map with this, need to figure something out), chins, HIIT on a rower.

I wish I had some profound lessons learned, but I don't. Others who are smarter and more articulate have already done that.

I love SS. I love having to only hit the gym 2X a week. I love hitting the entire body 2X a week.

Can't wait for the Geezer PP book to come out and I want to get to a seminar sometime. Only formal training so far was a SS Squat Camp. Well worth it.

Many more years of lifting, good lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

Nice work Tater!

Well done, keep going.

And yes, use the little plates.

Well done! How about generally, how do you feel? Back, knees, all that stuff? My mother in law is convinced I'm headed for a terrible old age by making my muscles "ropy."

Your mother in law? You'll be carrying her up and down the stairs before your muscle get "ropy."

Mashed - great job! I hope to lift in a similar range some day!

Nice job! Way to stay with it. Consistency is key.

Very nice. I wished they'd have a squat camp in the Seattle region.

Great work! Here's to many more years of lifting for us both! (also 64)

Thanks for stoppin' by, guys.

C.I.T., I feel pretty good, thx. I did tweak my lower back pretty damn good a couple times due to poor form. I did a bastardized Starr rehab and all is well in the world now. But, I learned my lesson. Form...is everything, in my humble opinion. Hell, I even do several squat reps w/o the bar first, just to get the movement pattern flowing.

starting strength coach development program
    Nice! Good work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast