starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypochondria or Reality

Default Hypochondria or Reality

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Having never been 68 before I wonder about creeping issues of health. Are they entirely real or are some in my head. Who does one ask except a Dr. and I get tired of that? So, I ask here.

Yesterday, was not a good day. My lifts were fine but I've had stomach pains now for most of 24 hours. These pains are accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting. I can't remember vomiting since I was a teenager. I went to Urgent care and received Zophran and Toradol, neither of which made much difference. I did not sleep at all last night and hope to get into see my regular Doctor today.

What sent my into a tizzy was the Urgent Care Doctor's question repeated twice: Do you have kidney disease? I don't know.

I guess I'm just venting. Hercules does not feel good.

That sucks, Carson. I'm sorry you're going through that, and I hope you get a easily treatable diagnosis soon.

Eat anything different the last couple of days before it started?

Could be just a stomach bug. I hope it is nothing serious! Get well!

65 yo here. Happened to me last year. I guess it was a stomach virus or as they it call gastroentitus. Woke up in the middle of the night with diarrhea, them vomited twice . I didn't eat for at least two days . Made sure to stay hydrated with a home made drink . I looked in the inter net told me to make a drink with some salt and sugar mixed into water.

I blamed it on a bad dose of Oatmeal I had yesterday morning but I was just kidding. The only thing I ate that was different from what my wife ate was a protein bar that I'm not used to eating. I ate that Thursday afternoon. I will throw the rest of them away and stick with my usual. That's a good question and I had thought of it but besides that I can't think of a thing. I'm feeling a bit better now and finally got some sleep between 6:30 and 8 this morning. I think I'll check with my Doctor on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm not used to imagining all sorts of serious problems but I certainly did yesterday.

I had lot of those stomach problems for several years, could be 3-4 times a year. Never talked to a doktor about it, I was pretty sure ot was virus, shitty food or bad immunesystem, havent had it since I started lift, as I remember. For me it usually went away after about 24-36 hours. I wish you well Carson!

Could have been norovirus (major cause of the misnamed "stomach flu"). Don't necessarily have to eat contaminated food. Someone who is coming down with it or recovering from it may have no symptoms, not wash their hands after the bathroom and before handling gym equipment or a door knob or any surface. You touch the contaminated surface and can be sick in a day or so.

The vomiting and diarrhea will cause dehydration and mess up your kidney values.

I had it a few months ago and was sick for a few days and weak for about 7 more days.

Once while travelling at Christmas time, my wife came down with a probably-viral "stomach flu". Then I got it, and both kids (in diapers) got it. There was one night where all 4 of us barfed at least once.

It was a rented house-trailer, we were running clothes and bedding through the washer and dryer continuously for several days. Memorable vacation, that one!

starting strength coach development program
    Culican,

That seems to describe what I have. I felt a bit better this morning. In fact I have had the "exhaust" problem for over 24 hours. So I tried a bowl of cereal this a.m. I should not have. I feel a bit queezy again. I hope to be over this enough by tonight so I can go lifting again Monday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast