starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Restless Leg Syndrome

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Magnesium potassium aspartate....is what I take....

No toxic waste, that I know of.

No meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    How old are you?
    Practicing your telemedicine skills for concierge medicine like Jordan��?

MBasic, have you considered just taking a week off from lifting or doing a serious deload week? Perhaps you're under recovered? Couldn't hurt unless you're OCD about training and headed for the Olympics.

And stay away from toxic waste. Always a good idea but underappreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by vanslix View Post
    Practicing your telemedicine skills for concierge medicine like Jordan��?

MBasic, have you considered just taking a week off from lifting or doing a serious deload week? Perhaps you're under recovered? Couldn't hurt unless you're OCD about training and headed for the Olympics.

And stay away from toxic waste. Always a good idea but underappreciated.
    Post#17... Took about 9-10 days off from any weightlifting....deload/reset

toxic waste? MT asked about chemical poisoning ...

EDIT: (this AM) . . .last two nights got good sleep in a row . . .legs didn't bother me much.
    I think what happen I was so fucking tired, I fell asleep so quick it didn't have a chance to bug me.
    I doubt this is over though, this has been bugging on and off for the last few years.
    Last edited by MBasic; 09-11-2015 at 06:07 AM.

thread updategonn keep this going to monitor progress, maybe will help others)

Still have RLS, losing sleep (hard to fall asleep).
    Cut caffeine way back, helped a little I thought, but after a while? not really.
    Taking some magnesium, and high quality multi-vitamin.
    Plenty hydrated, etc.
    Saw doctor, got some blood work (Drawn) . . .waiting on that.

Really sucks, but I guess there's worse things one could have wrong.

Michigan aka Siberia, Antarctica, Jotunheim, Pluto

Forum newb here, and I see this hasn't been bumped for a couple of weeks...but I have some skin in this thing too.

I've got something like RLS, as I twitch and jerk randomly in the night. Tends to wake me up a ton. Wife will literally leave the bed sometimes, just to be safe. Ouch!

I also have tremors. Some of the 50% of doctors that graduated in the bottom half of their class said it's familial, as I've had them since my 30's (currently 50). Whatever!

A couple of things I've done that have helped quite a bit, besides the reduced caffeine, staying hydrated, and taking a Mg supplement...

1. I take 2 benedryl (Diphenhydramine HCI 25 Mg) before bed. I read somewhere that this is an early aid for people with Parkinson's, so what the hell! Breathe a little easier AND sleep better? Doesn't seem to hurt anything, and the night spasms and daytime tremors have slackened off (been taking for ~1 year). Helped the tremors, and only a little bit of the spasms.

2. Stretching and foam rolling the legs about an hour before bed. Seems to relieve tension. This has helped the spasms, except after squats.

Default Some of the newer psych meds can cause it

Lexapro, Risperdal, ADHD meds etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    Lexapro, Risperdal, ADHD meds etc.
    Nope...on none of these meds...or any meds for that matter.

Last night was OK, slept with window open so it was colder, slept good.

Night before? Was terrible, no sleep, legs "hurt" all night.

Also, I've weened myself down to only 6oz coffee in AM. Drink green tea occassionially....down it almost no caffeine.

I asked Jordan a similar question. His reply was that it is probably "acetyl choline discharge" and he recommended PNF stretching. Mine eventually disappeared. Coincided with my starting to eat eggs every morning, but I doubt there is a relationship.
    Last edited by Bestafter60; 11-10-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestafter60 View Post
    I asked Jordan a similar question. His reply was that it is probably "acetyl choline discharge" and he recommended PNF stretching. Mine eventually disappeared. Coincided with my starting to eat eggs every morning, but I doubt there is a relationship.
    -googled this . . "acetyl choline discharge" . . just came up with a bunch of studys on rats and cats ???

-I will try the PNF stretching ASAP

-funny, the eggs thing: my wife and kids talked me into chickens about 1 year ago, last 8 months I've eaten more eggs than ever . . . hahaha

Default ropinirole

starting strength coach development program
    Never thought my first post here would be about RLS, but now that I saw this, I have to reply.

I asked my Dr. about it at my annual physical, and he prescribed ropinirole. Ropinirole - Wikipedia I've been on it for about 8 months now. Started with the smallest dose (one pill, .25mg) and increased that gradually to three pills (.75mg). It's not perfect, but my girlfriend definitely says it's cut way back on the kicking and tremors at night.

Hope that helps. I haven't had any side effects, but there can be some.

randy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast