starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Book for Elderly

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rec'd mine yesterday and and a few chapters in. I see a lot of familiar Sully material, especially that first chapter. However, I think it's great to have all this information in a targeted volume for those that have neither the awareness of the information, inclination to look for it individually, nor ability to find it. While I may have enjoyed reading Sully's articles or sitting through every Sully video I could find, not everyone who needs this information will do that research.

Most of us may not be the target audience (from a knowledge standpoint), but this could be a tool to begin the discussion with those outside this SS circle, and within our circle of influence.

One can never have too many books! .... I'll be digging for nuggets I may have missed when reading this information online or in parts of other books.

Just got my copy of the book, so far its hard to stop reading, its 2am, Im glad its two days of "freefromwork" weekend.[emoji851]

I have a relatively easy week. I plan to try to read the entire book. I do find some of the technical material slow reading for a non medical person. But that material is very valuable to the book. I don't know of a more precise and thorough book in existence on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    I have a relatively easy week. I plan to try to read the entire book. I do find some of the technical material slow reading for a non medical person. But that material is very valuable to the book. I don't know of a more precise and thorough book in existence on this topic.
    Science and Practice of Strength Training - 2nd Edition / Edition 2 by Vladimir Zatsiorsky, William Kraemer | | 9780736056281 | Other Format | Barnes & Noble®

It's gonna be interesting to see if Harry actually posted that review on Amazon, won't it?

The testimonials for the book are wonderful. I will post one myself when I've finished. I haven't met Baker. But Sully is my coach and he often explains the biological functions going on and why it is important to have at least a rudimentary understanding of what is happening. What I do know is that he coaches people from the age of 40 through 90 and we are all gaining strength in a safe friendly environment. So far I find the book very good.

starting strength coach development program
    Just got my copy (and an extra which I intend to leave at mama's house at Christmastime so that my sister and bro-in-law will find it).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456