I have had both rotator cuffs repaired and biceps tenodesis on both sides over the last 2 years and my press is for shit.

I followed Rip's shoulder rehab protocol after the second repair and that got me pressing with weight on the bar, but at 100# I had to make the jumps 5# and switch to 5x3 instead of 3x5.

Currently I am not doing the program. I can't squat. Not even high bar. Best I can do is get the bar on my neck. So, for now, I do leg presses because something is better than nothing.

I don't bench. My shoulders don't feel stable enough. I have pain (which doc says is inflammation) when racking / un-racking the bar and it doesn't feel safe even with a spotter.

I deadlift because I can.

I am hoping that pressing will improve my range of motion so that I can squat and run a full LP.

Stats:
52 yo
6' 1"
240 lb - 29% BF according to the Navy calculator
*I dropped 70 pounds in these last 2 years - I was REALLY fat not just kinda fat like I am now
Male

Cal = 3060
P = 276
C = 300
F = 84

I've trained in the past, but the decade prior to surgery I went from training to exercising to not going to the gym in the last 5 years.

So, to my questions...

Am I just going to have to live with really slow progress? Does the surgery make the shoulder muscles less efficient or have I just atrophied so much that the stall is to be expected?

Will eating more, at this point, really help? I am using the TBAB recomp numbers as a guide and I am not even doing a full LP so 3060 cals seems like plenty. Being 52 and having lost 70 pounds makes me want to limit the fat increase intelligently. I'll take on weight if I need to but those numbers ought to work for a while, no?

Should I be doing more volume and less intensity?

Any insights will be appreciated.