starting strength gym
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivation

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Good stuff. The strongman contest was for "over 40" if I remember correctly. Do they have a "60+" version, I wonder? Would love to attend. Give me a couple more years of gainzzz and maybe,I'd compete! You?

I could see myself doing my state's strongest man contest, they have age brackets.

Here is an amazing lift that I hadn't seen before. The 530 pound Louis Cyr stone.

Last edited by Meshuggah; 04-11-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestafter60 View Post
    Hey M,
    I like these videos, and they are motivating, but what I'd like even more would be videos of geezers doing incredible lifts. Got any?
    Here is one for you Best. I have tried to lift a replica of the Inch Dumbbell, I couldn't even break it off the floor.

No Belt.

Hey M,
    I like these videos, and they are motivating, but what I'd like even more would be videos of geezers doing incredible lifts. Got any?
    Here's one for you BA60:

Hey M,
    Here you go this is my uncle. He's 77 or so at this meet. The weird title "strongest Indian" was by the non-lifting dude that record it "Pocahontas High School Class of 1958"
    Last I heard his best in meet numbers are Squat 300, Bench 240 and DL of 340.
    His current goals are to push the Squat and DL up in a meet as he's considering retiring from competitive lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hanson View Post
    Here's one for you BA60:

It's a good thing this wasn't an SS Meet, Sumo isn't allowed. Rip says Sumo is cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    It's a good thing this wasn't an SS Meet, Sumo isn't allowed. Rip says Sumo is cheating.
    I haven't ever seen him call it "cheating", but in my opinion, pulling 180 kg at 80 years entitles you to use whatever works.

Good videos. Definitely impressive lifters. My motivation is the personal challenge of lifting more without injury. No old people in my gym lift so I guess I have to get amped based on what the young people can do. One Russian 20 year old, who has been lifting since he was 10 bangs out multiple reps of heavy low bar squats with explosive lifts. Just seeing that is motivating, even though the realities of age (I'll be 70 in a few days) confront us. Makes me wonder how I would have done if I was introduced to barbell training when I was in my 20's.

starting strength coach development program
    Make some popcorn and settle in.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast