starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shoes to squat in for mature guy

Thumbs up shoes to squat in for mature guy

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    im not rich enough for expensive squat shoes but could someon suggest another shoe or sneaker? please...i know running shoes arent good..

In the old days, people squatted in sturdy work boots, unlaced to below the ankle.

You have been asking this for a couple of years.
    I suggest that you should conduct exhaustive research on all the available types of shoes and investigate precisely which pair will suit your precise anthopometry.
    Then you should buy a pair of Adidas, like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    You have been asking this for a couple of years.
    I suggest that you should conduct exhaustive research on all the available types of shoes and investigate precisely which pair will suit your precise anthopometry.
    Then you should buy a pair of Adidas, like the rest of us.
    If one would rate responses to this thread, this one is by far the winner.

If it's any help, I found a pair of shoes on Ebay that were VERY lightly worn... They look brand new. Paid about 1/3 of retail for them. People buy equipment all the time for sports they never play, and then sell it on Ebay or Craigslist. I would not normally buy or wear "used" shoes, but in this case, shoes that have been worn half a dozen times and look brand new, I felt it would a good option.
    YMMV

Shoes or no shoes or whatever you want I don't think it really matters.
    A lot of people wear something like these:

But this guy told me those shoes are really for Olympic lifting and it really does not matter that much what you wear.

He's been wearing those generic shoes forever and competed in strongman contest with the same damn shoes.

My 2 sons and I all have a pair of Adidas Adipowers that we no longer wear. All 3 of us prefer a flat sole for serious lifting.

I bought my first heeled lifting shoes from Maxbarbell.com for $65 5 years ago, figuring that I'd upgrade if I stuck with it. Still lifting in them 2x every week. Lots of people get strong in Chuck Taylors, too.

My 17yo son has met my challenge to go 8 weeks w/o missing a session, I'm gonna buy him squat shoes.

I'll probably get him a pair of Do-Wins like mine, but 6 years newer. I like mine.

Do weightlifting shoes *ever* wear out?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnys View Post
    I bought my first heeled lifting shoes from Maxbarbell.com for $65 5 years ago, figuring that I'd upgrade if I stuck with it. Still lifting in them 2x every week. Lots of people get strong in Chuck Taylors, too.
    ^This. I have do - wins for squatting and use Chuck Taylor's for other lfits. Honestly, when I don't feel like changing or forget, I don't feel any difference in my squat ( which sucks, to be fair) .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast