starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Jonathan Sullivan, "The Barbell Prescription Book Tour"

Default Dr. Jonathan Sullivan, "The Barbell Prescription Book Tour"

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Imagine working with Sully for twice per week for over four years. It is a pleasure and extraordinarily beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Imagine working with Sully for twice per week for over four years. It is a pleasure and extraordinarily beneficial.
    How many pounds have you added to your lifts after 4 years?

Answer the man, Carson.

Make sure you also tell him how many times I've gotten you injured along the way. And don't forget my lisinopril fuckup. Or your failure to put up new PRs at local meets. Make sure you mention how your posture and exercise tolerance and daily function have suffered. You might mention how much worse your wife's osteoporosis has become while working at Greysteel, and you might as well bring up the disastrous training of your in-laws.

And while you're humoring this recalcitrant caprophagic troll, remember: the amount of weight you've added to each lift is the only thing that matters to a 70-year-old grandfather. Right?

You are awful sensitive there doc. I was just asking a simple question about his progress. I know he has certain goals, especially with his Deadlift.

An unforeseen future nestled somewhere in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    Answer the man, Carson.

Make sure you also tell him how many times I've gotten you injured along the way. And don't forget my lisinopril fuckup. Or your failure to put up new PRs at local meets. Make sure you mention how your posture and exercise tolerance and daily function have suffered. You might mention how much worse your wife's osteoporosis has become while working at Greysteel, and you might as well bring up the disastrous training of your in-laws.

And while you're humoring this recalcitrant caprophagic troll, remember: the amount of weight you've added to each lift is the only thing that matters to a 70-year-old grandfather. Right?
    You can say that again doc caprophagic is spot on

And once again, Shug makes new friends and protests mildly in a tone of injured innocence.

He seems intent on flinging shit at you Sully. Then pretending that brown stuff on his hands is something else.

I assume I was not the only one to have to Google a new word here...

Just so you know, Carson sent me a PM about 2 weeks ago asking me for advice on an alternate training program. This was my reply:

Constructive Advice

I don't know that you will follow any advice I give, but I'm going to offer it because I would like to see you pull some big Deadlifts.
    I honestly believe you would get great results by Deadlifting and Squatting every other week. (rotate them)
    One week you Squat, the next week you Deadlift. Doing this allows you to train both them heavy, but still be recovered.
    I also believe you need to do a little accessory work, just doing the lifts will only take you so far.
    My setup is a Squat/Deadlift day (Saturday) 2 days off, then my Squat/Deadlift Assistance day (Tuesday)
    On Thursday I usually Overhead Press. (I cant do full range benching because of a bad shoulder)
    This link has some very solid advice - LIFT-RUN-BANG: Every Other Week Squatting and Deadlifting - By JPS
    I will also be glad to help you out if you would like. We both have a love for Deadlifts, and I want you to pull big.

Be safe,

"Shug"

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Just so you know, Carson sent me a PM about 2 weeks ago asking me for advice on an alternate training program. This was my reply:

Constructive Advice

I don't know that you will follow any advice I give, but I'm going to offer it because I would like to see you pull some big Deadlifts.
    I honestly believe you would get great results by Deadlifting and Squatting every other week. (rotate them)
    One week you Squat, the next week you Deadlift. Doing this allows you to train both them heavy, but still be recovered.
    I also believe you need to do a little accessory work, just doing the lifts will only take you so far.
    My setup is a Squat/Deadlift day (Saturday) 2 days off, then my Squat/Deadlift Assistance day (Tuesday)
    On Thursday I usually Overhead Press. (I cant do full range benching because of a bad shoulder)
    This link has some very solid advice - LIFT-RUN-BANG: Every Other Week Squatting and Deadlifting - By JPS
    I will also be glad to help you out if you would like. We both have a love for Deadlifts, and I want you to pull big.

Be safe,

"Shug"
    Meshuggah has repeatedly proven himself to be a talkative son-of-a-bitch with very little of value to say. What's worse, what he advises in the strongest terms is often just dead wrong. The problem is he is prolific in his posting and most of it is just random shit that apparently entertains him, so digging through it to find the obviously wrong-headed stuff when he starts doling out advice, is a tiring slog. I kept thinking he would just go away if he weren't fed, but evidently that is not the case. Maybe somebody needs to strain through the dreck to find the shit gems and make some sort of sticky or at least a "best of" compilation that can be posted any time he gets into an opinion battle on the site. In the old days, I used to try to follow up on his posts/opinions to see if maybe his contrarian-ness had some point worth paying attention to -- IT NEVER DID. I've long since put him on "ignore", but he still manages to insert himself and be annoying, from time to time. This thread is a good example. We could potentially just dump some links of some of his worst shit here (I'm thinking of examples where he doles out stupid advice -- not his ample, sad attempts at humor) and use it as a place to link back to when he's trolling hard anywhere else on the board...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast