starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monolifts for Old Farts?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It needs to move out of the way enough so that you're not crashing into it. Strega might do a face plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    It needs to move out of the way enough so that you're not crashing into it. Strega might do a face plant.
    That is possible, on occasion on the way up I've hit the j-hooks so damn hard I swear they were going to pop out.
    Maybe I should just start doing squats with my glasses on.

If you were a 400+ squatter I could see it maybe making things safer. Having a "cool looking" rack wont replace hard work.
    Shout out to Shug for this comment.
    30 days in from my three three month lay-off his commented helped push me to hit a PR squat of 305.
    95 more pounds to go. So what's a reasonable goal (in months?) to add 95 pounds?

Congrats on the PR.

As an old fart, I think you are allowed to spend big money on your hobby, even if you aren't yet very good at it.

Buy the monolift, Strega. Tell your wife, at least you aren't getting a bright red sports car or a 2000-lb motorcycle.

Congrats on the PR.
    Thanks for being hard on me, training completely by myself and being a complete wuss it's easy to fall into a rut and not push myself.

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    As an old fart, I think you are allowed to spend big money on your hobby, even if you aren't yet very good at it.

Buy the monolift, Strega. Tell your wife, at least you aren't getting a bright red sports car or a 2000-lb motorcycle.
    LOL, for sure that's the truth. I had my mid-life crisis when my first wife turned 40, I traded her in for two 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Strega View Post
    Thanks for being hard on me, training completely by myself and being a complete wuss it's easy to fall into a rut and not push myself.
    I do try get some of you fired up, but many take it the wrong way. Most people are capable of accomplishing a lot more than they realize.

What The Mind Can Believe, The Body Can Achieve.

starting strength coach development program
    I do try get some of you fired up, but many take it the wrong way. Most people are capable of accomplishing a lot more than they realize.

What The Mind Can Believe, The Body Can Achieve.
    Absolutely I believe that to be true. We are always our worst enemy. That's sort of the path that had me considering a monolift attachment. If it allows me to get out of my own head and toss another 25 pounds the bar, it might be a good idea. This might sound crazy but I just started listening to music while I lift and I think it adds pounds to the bar. It blocks out a lot of that noise that goes on in the head and that alone seems to be worth a few pounds. Giving up being a vegetarian (since 7/16) and now really starting to take my macros seriously (since 4/17) I'm hoping to see some progress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12