starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: straps for deadlifts

Default straps for deadlifts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Anyone who's using them got any recommendations? Thanks.

I build a fair chunk of gym stuff out of scraps I have around before I buy anything; the pair I have are from the seatbelts of a 1980's-1990's era pickup truck and stitched into loops. The specifications for seat belt materials is a minimum of 10,000lbs breaking strength.

For max lifts, I use these hook things. I have this intermittent nerve related pain in my left elbow (like tennis elbow, but worse), and gripping for heavy (for me) deadlifts is one thing that brings it on. Compared to many on this board, I can't lift for shit - the most I have lifted with these hooks was 330 for 5, and they were solid for that.

Amazon.com : Weight Lifting Rod Hooks Heavy Duty Neoprene Padded Wrist Wraps Power Weight Lifting Training Gym Grips Straps Bandage Set of 2 : Sports & Outdoors

Here's a 4 or so page thread from late last year talking about straps.

Not currently using any but I have basic canvass-type ones, and have looked into getting versa grips but never pulled the trigger.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...on-straps.html

I bought a roll of cheap 1.5" nylon web strapping and cut two 18" lengths from it. Melted the cut ends to avoid fraying.

But I don't use them for deadlifting, just for front squats.

I tested Rips seatbelt thing, I think it was kind of tricky to get them around the barbell with one hand, so I bought leatherstraps with a loop, they are soft and easy to handle, I tried syntetic straps, they were to thick and hard to handle, so dont use them.

Don't fool around, buy some real straps. IronMind - Stronger Minds, Stronger Bodies

I've got a cheap pair of canvas ones that I bought nearly 30 years ago. If you keep your lifts under 500 pounds they will last a long time.

At a powerlifting meet in January, as part of the goodie bag from the sponsors, I got a pair of Popeye's branded lift straps. They are quite a bit larger, longer and thicker and have padding for the wrists. Once I broke those in I haven't used my canvas ones since.

I like these. (Don't use straps for regular deadlifts but do use them for RDLs and SGDLs)

IronMind closed-loop lifting straps for weightlifters-www.ironmind-store.com

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Culican View Post
    I like these. (Don't use straps for regular deadlifts but do use them for RDLs and SGDLs)

IronMind closed-loop lifting straps for weightlifters-www.ironmind-store.com
    I tried them but ended up liking these better.

Strong-Enough Lifting Straps for strongman, WSM - IronMind-www.ironmind-store.com

Common theme we've got at least 3 votes for IronMind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast