starting strength gym

Thread: Another crank joins the lawn-yellers

Default Another crank joins the lawn-yellers

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've been lurking for several years, and finally decided I should help swell the geezer ranks. Born in '54, hoping to hang around for some indefinite number of years to come. Since March of this year I've been keeping a log in the intermediate training logs: Codger's Quest

After a few LP runs, and being pounded by the Texas Method, I've been following Andy Baker's Strength and Mass After 40 program, which I downloaded from his web site. I've also had a few training sessions with Nick Soleyn, a Starting Strength coach in Albuquerque, which helped me enormously. In March 2016 I entered my first powerlifting meet, a NASA event in New Mexico, where I live. Being the only entrant in my age group I came home with a first-place plaque, now proudly displayed on the wall of my home office. I was hoping to enter my second meet this past April, but I pulled a hamstring while deadlifting one week before the meet. The Starr rehab protocol seems to have fixed things so my training is on track again. I've enjoyed reading the posts here for a long time, and have learned a lot from these forums.

Welcome in out of the shadows. We have a fair amount in common.

Thanks, Mark. I just took a quick peek at your log and you've got some mighty impressive lifts there. Good luck with your recovery.

Welcome! I love that part of the country... don't get there enough.

Thanks, Cheesepuff. It is beautiful here. My wife and I spent the weekend hiking around Mt. Taylor--about 11,000 feet--with a bunch of other oldsters. I should add that my wife is lifting too. Right now she's a year out from a hip replacement.