starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost motivation

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    And one more thing; one of the best things I did for my training was to accept that I can only make very, very slow progress. Once I started to ignore other people's expectations of what I should lift, I started enjoying my lifts more. Of course I wouldn't mind making faster progress (let's say, improving from glacial to merely treacly), but things are what they are, and for me they are slow.

Hope this helps,

IPB
    This also helped me very much. Acknowledging very slow progress, using micro weight led to some great lifts for me.

Also, have you purchased/read the Barbell Rx? It s a great addition to any training library and addresses most if not all of your concerns.
    Last edited by jfriley; 07-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfriley View Post
    Also, have you purchased/read the Barbell Rx?
    Not sure what you mean, and couldn't find a book with that title.
    Could you please give me a few more details?

Thanks,

IPB

Not sure what you mean, and couldn't find a book with that title.
    Could you please give me a few more details?

Thanks,

IPB

He means The Barbell Prescitpion - google it.

If you would like, I can send you my copy, just PM me your information.

At 41, you are have years of strength gain potential in front of you. Don't push so hard that it becomes something you dislike. I am 50. I'm not gonna be a strength athlete. I know that this is all for me and my wife and kids. I need to be strong enough to stick around and provide for them. I need to be strong enough to care for my wife. I need to maintain myself in a high enough state of "fitness" to remain attractive to my wife and I need to keep myself strong enough and fit enough to feel good about myself. I like getting stronger and like many others I have had progress and setbacks. You will find your fire again.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    He means The Barbell Prescription
    Ah! Not aware you could abbreviate Prescription with Rx.
    Anyway, I bought and read the book a few months ago, but thanks anyway for your offer.

IPB

Ah! Not aware you could abbreviate Prescription with Rx.
    Anyway, I bought and read the book a few months ago, but thanks anyway for your offer.

IPB
    That's my bad...old subliminal Crossfit references popping up in my head...I'll flog myself later

Seriously though, The Barbell Perscription is excellent, STRONGLY recommend to get/read it

Hi there, according to me, you need to If you want to lose weight you need to need to have low carb food and workout daily. There is nothing to lose motivation. You can also take the help to expert who can provide you a better path to overcome depression and guide you for self motivation. I have heard positive reviews about voyance direct from my friend. I think you can also try this.

I think I read somewhere here on the forums that when the weight feels heavy even from the first rep, that means you haven't recovered. Maybe you were going at it too hard leading up to your PR. So go recover and train with an eye toward "active recovery." How is your sleep?

It seems that you already know junk food and beer makes you fat, so that's just self-defeating. If your fat levels are rising it is time to cut out refined sugars, alcohol and any carbs that aren't full of fiber. It could be that the high level of fat you're carting around is messing with your insulin levels too.

I'm in my mid 40s and beer just makes me fat, plain and simple. I can't drink more than one or two drinks per week, and its usually a small glass of wine. Like, ONE small glass. I also find that something like a gin & tonic or a finger or two of whiskey won't derail my progress. Something like that is once per month, not even weekly.

I packed on about 5 lbs over the holidays, like most people. Almost all of it was from holiday cookies, sugar, chocolate, fudge and stuff that is always around that time of year. I had to stop that crap because it not only made me fat, but it interfered with my sleep and started making my back hurt worse (sugar is hell on inflammation). A few weeks of a paleo-type diet and that extra 5 pounds is now gone. I think you know what you need to do, and that the "woe is me I'm a weak guy that squats 350" is just your self-pity talking.

starting strength coach development program
    The other thing to consider is that deload doesn't have to be only 1 week. I had a really intense 3 months of lifting when I first started on the Hepburn method. I was beat up and my lifts were regressing. I decided to do a 2 week deload because Andy talks about doing that when in really rough shape. The first week of deload was rough...the second week of deload was awesome. When I jumped back into Hepburn after the deload, everything was easier and I felt good. YMMV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123