starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Business name ideas.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Only about 4% of the population speaks Maori.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Named after the geezer that finally died of his wounds decades after having killed Grendel when he slew a dragon that had been ravaging his kingdom:

Beowulf's Hall. Do it in runes. Although you might have fudge a few of the letters and vowels to make it readable.
    Given that he's in Ireland, perhaps it would be better marketing to name it after a legendary Irish hero rather than the Swedish hero of a Sassenach epic ;-)

How about Cu Chulainn's Hall?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajtar View Post
    Beowulf's Hall is a great name, i may call my future gym like that.
    Made up names are simpler to clear. You have to consider copyright if you are using a real name. Paramount Pictures has Beowulf protected for some uses. Other companies too have it protected for their niche.

Quote Originally Posted by olddognewtricks View Post
    Given that he's in Ireland, perhaps it would be better marketing to name it after a legendary Irish hero rather than the Swedish hero of a Sassenach epic ;-)

He said within a year he plan to move (and the business move) to New Zealand.
    It's pretty critical to be SERPS local friendly or else you are invisible.
    Last edited by Strega; 07-25-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olddognewtricks View Post

Agreed, but I never got into the Irish heroic sagas. The Aesir, Greek, and Roman gods were relatively easy to get a handle on, since they are all pretty much the same cognates from culture to culture, just with different names and minor tweaks.

So I did not feel qualified to offer up an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Strega View Post
    Made up names are simpler to clear. You have to consider copyright if you are using a real name. Paramount Pictures has Beowulf protected for some uses. Other companies too have it protected for their niche.
    I think you mean "trademark", not "copyright". It's true that fanciful and coined marks are easier to clear, but it's also true that generic-ish and descriptive names are only protectable after being used long and well enough to acquire 'distinctiveness" (and truly generic terms can never be distinctive). So "Auckland Senior Citizen Strength Training" is pretty low risk, and reasonably search engine friendly. Best advice would be to do a trademark search in the relevant jurisdiction for the intended class of goods/services.

Quote Originally Posted by Strega View Post
    Only about 4% of the population speaks Maori.
    But 100% of enzeds population know what Kia kaha means.

Thank you all for your help, i have decided to go with my oryginal idea Galway Strength Training and i will start a new website when i will move to new zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Oh and I do really like Sully's name of: Grey Steel

However that's probably copyrighted or whatever one does for company names.
    It's a brand-in-trade, yes. But you'll come up with something as good or even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajtar View Post
    Hi everyone, i am starting a personal training business in Ireland and i want to concentrate on people over 40, 50 and beyond, the young at heart I am looking for some good names for my new business. I am using starting strength method and plan to become a starting strength coach next year. Thanks in advance.
    I think you answered your own question . . . see above.

Young at Heart Fitness (City Name)

When it comes to naming a local business, brief and to the point is best. You're going to get your business through word-of-mouth and through referrals. If possible you want lots of local feeder sources like physicians or people who work with the elderly, like retirement communities.

The older generation doesn't do websites, and you aren't going to grow your business through SEO optimization and web searches, so outside of having a short and to-the-point website and something in your name that indicates where you are located, that's all you need. Best of luck!

starting strength coach development program
    I would not ignore SEO, all us geezers are not "web intolerant". Also, key influencers in geezers lives are likely to be younger.

Name: Liath Neart ("Grey Strength" in Gaelic if my web results have not mislead me)

Another idea might focus on "Defeating Aging", such as "Aging Warriors".

"Training for Diabetics xxxxxx". Insert city/town name.

"Mobility training xxxxxx"

"Mobility rehab xxxxxxx"

My thought is to focus on a specific problem. The write content pages laced with the search terms you suspect are used for this.

Best of luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast