starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Getting Strong "Oh Yes" Moments

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've got two.

When you need XL t-shirts because L is too small for your shoulders and "relaxed" fit pants are needed to accommodate your butt.

When the recent high school graduate at the gym is disappointed it's not my deadlift day. He doesn't get to see anyone else pulling in the high 400's.

-RJP

When you need a new brand and style of jeans to accommodate your growing thighs. I couldn't sit down and tie my shoes wearing several different brands of relaxed fit jeans, so I had to get some stretchy Costo (Urban Star) jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    When you need a new brand and style of jeans to accommodate your growing thighs. I couldn't sit down and tie my shoes wearing several different brands of relaxed fit jeans, so I had to get some stretchy Costo (Urban Star) jeans.
    Ah, someone with the same problem as me. I'll have to check out my local Costco to see if they carry those jeans. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    4. When you take a strength test for a new job, and the HR Manager says "We've never seen higher numbers, we knew you had to be a powerlifter or something."

(Happened Today)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    That's awesome.
    Thanks, it was kind of fun for me. Today was my last day of orientation and she was still talking about it. She even showed me my results on her computer and said she thought the machine at the testing place was acting up. I'm still shocked that she said Powerlifter instead of Bodybuilder too.

Stay Strong!!

When you go the pharmacy, and the pharmacist takes one look at you and says, "I bet you like protein", and hands you a protein bar.

Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    Ah, someone with the same problem as me. I'll have to check out my local Costco to see if they carry those jeans. Thanks!
    My local Costco was out of them for over 6 months, and just got them back in. They're only $15!

Shug, I don't think I've ever heard a single person outside of these forums use the word 'powerlifter'. That's kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by meshuggah View Post
    thanks, it was kind of fun for me. Today was my last day of orientation and she was still talking about it. She even showed me my results on her computer and said she thought the machine at the testing place was acting up. I'm still shocked that she said powerlifter instead of bodybuilder too.

Stay strong!!
    u da man!

When you're moving a server rack with two UPS units into a freight elevator and the two fit-looking construction workers go wide-eyed and ask, "How heavy is that?" - then jawdrop when you tell them around four hundred pounds.

Three things: 1. When my wife looked at me and gave me the name for my posts.
    2. When my wife who later joined me in the program tells me of the times she tells the bagger at the grocery that she can lift the items into the car and adds that she is a weightlifter.
    3.CarsonAPA2014 - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Three things: 1. When my wife looked at me and gave me the name for my posts.
    2. When my wife who later joined me in the program tells me of the times she tells the bagger at the grocery that she can lift the items into the car and adds that she is a weightlifter.
    3.CarsonAPA2014 - YouTube
    You mean she gave you the name of your log, "Here Comes Hercules"?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast