starting strength gym
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: John Broz System

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Then what actually happens when you are overtrained?

Fatigue, injury, and/or regression are probably the most common effects.

IMO, overtraining is a relative term. Overtraining may mean that you are unable to match PRs or even get 90% of them. Broz would argue this is just part of the program and not overtraining. Overtraining may be an individual thing - the amount of training that you just can't sustain long term. And some might say "oh that's just being a pussy". Sometimes that is the case. However, for most people there is some threshold that we just can't take. And that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    injury, and/or regression
    Huh. Where have we seen that before?

Quote Originally Posted by OCG View Post
    Huh. Where have we seen that before?
    It's on the tip of my tongue, I swear, if I can just think of the name...

So Mendes used Broz's system, took drugs, and had injury and regression. Had he not taken drugs, just imagine the injuries and regression he'd've had, awesome.

"The John Broz System: not to be attempted without chemical assistance unless you're looking for a Total and Permanent Disability Pension."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Aaron View Post
    It's on the tip of my tongue, I swear, if I can just think of the name...

So Mendes used Broz's system, took drugs, and had injury and regression. Had he not taken drugs, just imagine the injuries and regression he'd've had, awesome.

"The John Broz System: not to be attempted without chemical assistance unless you're looking for a Total and Permanent Disability Pension."
    So. Much. Bullshit..

It's disconcerting to see people, especially "professionals", who don't understand anything about science and don't understand that correlation doesn't equal causation.

How come all of Broz lifters aren't injured and regressed? I mean, regardless of whether everyone there is using PEDs, they're all squatting heavy everyday, so they should all be falling apart by now. But they aren't.

So yea, that list of retards I keep handy just got a little bigger. It's now got Dastardly, OCG, and Kyle Aaron on it.

Injury isn't direct result of overtraining.
    Last edited by IndividualThoughtPatterns; 04-19-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stonerider View Post
    It's disconcerting to see people, especially "professionals", who don't understand anything about science and don't understand that correlation doesn't equal causation.

How come all of Broz lifters aren't injured and regressed? I mean, regardless of whether everyone there is using PEDs, they're all squatting heavy everyday, so they should all be falling apart by now. But they aren't.

So yea, that list of retards I keep handy just got a little bigger. It's now got Dastardly, OCG, and Kyle Aaron on it.
    True, its not just Broz system. Firstly its based off of a bulgarian system, and they used to be pretty handy (although drugs usage there somewhat dubious). But you think the chinese lifters, who DOMINATE world lifting dont train almost everyday? Youd be a fool to think they train 3 times a week.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongLiftMyBalls View Post
    True, its not just Broz system. Firstly its based off of a bulgarian system, and they used to be pretty handy (although drugs usage there somewhat dubious). But you think the chinese lifters, who DOMINATE world lifting dont train almost everyday? Youd be a fool to think they train 3 times a week.
    all elite lifters train 5-6 days a week, multiple times a day

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast