starting strength gym
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Belt Recommendations?

Minnesota Raised, Live in California now.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Yeah, they are VERY good at customer service, and I think it's a home grown operation. You guys have made a good case for the inzer lever type belts, and I could see how that'd be nice. My belt can be a pain to get off when breathing heavily, and a lever would be great for that reason.

Nice belt Tremorviolet! I got mine in royal blue. I hope to have my belt at it's first (and mine) meet in a few months. I can't wait!

The only reason I didn't get a lever belt was the fact that I intended on sharing it with my training partner. Lever belts can be bad for people that want to do o lifts with them. But other than that I wish I had gotten one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    The only reason I didn't get a lever belt was the fact that I intended on sharing it with my training partner. Lever belts can be bad for people that want to do o lifts with them. But other than that I wish I had gotten one.
    I'm guessing that the lever can get flung open if caught with a clean or high pull? That would be bad

+1 for Best Belts, I've been using my athlete belt single prong standard, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by John2336 View Post
    I'm guessing that the lever can get flung open if caught with a clean or high pull? That would be bad
    I was thinking more in terms of the bar hitting the lever and sending the bar who knows where but I guess it might open, who knows.

Both would be very bad situations.

Quote Originally Posted by John2336 View Post
    Both would be very bad situations.
    Can't argue with that. I don't really do o lifts very often and if I did I don't think I'd use a belt so I feel kinda silly to have bougth a prong belt.

I can see the upside to the lever belt, but I still really like my belt, and since it's built to outlive cochroaches, I'm guessing i'll have it for a long time.

I can definitely recommend the EliteFTS Economy belt. It's dirt cheap, and it is awesome quality. Really thick and rigid. Took about a month to break in.
    I still find it hard sometimes to loosen it...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixen View Post
    I can definitely recommend the EliteFTS Economy belt. It's dirt cheap, and it is awesome quality. Really thick and rigid. Took about a month to break in.
    I still find it hard sometimes to loosen it...
    I used this belt for a while, didn't like it AT ALL. Too hard, couldn't even wear it without major effort on my part.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast