starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MobilityWOD.com

Default MobilityWOD.com

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I dont like to advertise other peoples crap but I feel compelled to after trying this for a few days. I was reading at 70's big and they linked to this mobility website listed in the title. After some thought I decided to give it an honest go.

So everyone knows where im at, I never stretch... Ever. Ive never been able to touch my toes, sit crosslegged pain free, scrub my back, nothing. So with the added weight ive put on in the past year this has all gotten worse, I work to pull my socks on for fucks sakes. So I decide to give it a shot.

Yesterday I went onto the blog and backtracked to mobility wod day 1 and did the full squat sit. It hurt like hell but I got ten minutes. 2 hours ago I did day 2 hip stretching, also hurt like hell but I got the eight minutes. Immediatly after I felt amazing, bent over, and touched my toes. I thought I was losing my mind so I double checked and sure enough I could just barely reach them.

Anyways, the dude posting the videos on the blog seems cool. Super informitive and explains things extensively for nubs like me. If anyone here is interested in increased ROM, flexibility, or just feeling better I HIGHLY recommend this site.

www.mobilitywod.com

Oh wow, how is it that this has never been posted on this board before? AMAZING!

Like in threads that you posted in.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...p/t-19520.html

Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    Oh wow, how is it that this has never been posted on this board before? AMAZING!

Like in threads that you posted in.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...p/t-19520.html
    Does anyone like you? I had a good experience with a program and decided to share it with the forum and you bring up a thread from last year with the link in it.
    Cheer up

I've been using this site for the past week or so, it's great.
    for those of you who don't know where to start on the MWod try this first:

I wasn't able to squat all the way down without a bar before I discovered this website. now i'm just working on being able to bring my stance in real close.

Quote Originally Posted by 250orBust View Post
    I dont like to advertise other peoples crap but I feel compelled to after trying this for a few days. I was reading at 70's big and they linked to this mobility website listed in the title. After some thought I decided to give it an honest go.
    www.mobilitywod.com
    That mobilitywod guy is all into CF. If you're not careful you'll find yourself doing kipping pull-ups whenever you approach an appropriate horizontal bar! (though he IS thanked in the Acknowledgements of SS2 so he can't be ALL bad :-) )

Mobility stuff is great and while i don't do it anywhere near enough of i think some stretches should officially make their way into the SS program for those among us who aren't currently training in other sports or doing other stuff beyond lifting to work some flexibility and ROM. My issue w/ mobilitywod itself is that, like mattciupac said above, it's a bit daunting to approach, but there's a LOT of good stuff on there. (and yes... i know what a psoas is.... now )

So what if he's into CF? Rip was "into" CF at one point, too. This guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to PT, and if you just follow the FAQ on his site, you should get a lot out of just 15 minutes of work a day.

For someone who wants to start with the mobility WODs (and are struggling with squat depth), where do you suggest I start? I know I should start with those stretches in Justins video, but I want to do more than just those three stretches. Do you suggest I just start at the beginning and do one each day? I have a lot of freetime now in the summer, so I am thinking 2 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kje_simen View Post
    For someone who wants to start with the mobility WODs (and are struggling with squat depth), where do you suggest I start? I know I should start with those stretches in Justins video, but I want to do more than just those three stretches. Do you suggest I just start at the beginning and do one each day? I have a lot of freetime now in the summer, so I am thinking 2 a day.
    i've watched since day one and spent at least 4 mins a day since day one of the MWOD. now, sciatica disappeared and i can ATG w/ minimal to no buttwink.

for squat depth by order of importance at least by me:
    1. groin stretch, dunno what it's called but search mark bell he is the one demonstrating it
    2. couch stretch
    3. bent knee and non bent knee hamstring stretch AND golf ball mashing on high hamstring
    4. pigeon stretch AND golf ball mashing on ass

try squatting w/ just BW before and after.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post

for squat depth by order of importance at least by me:
    1. groin stretch, dunno what it's called but search mark bell he is the one demonstrating it
    2. couch stretch
    3. bent knee and non bent knee hamstring stretch AND golf ball mashing on high hamstring
    4. pigeon stretch AND golf ball mashing on ass

try squatting w/ just BW before and after.
    Hi Simonsky

Those sound pretty intriguing. I am interested in getting more flexibility and removing "Butt Wink".

I found the Mark Bell one...do you have the link for the others ?

Thx

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by vincing View Post
    Hi Simonsky

Those sound pretty intriguing. I am interested in getting more flexibility and removing "Butt Wink".

I found the Mark Bell one...do you have the link for the others ?

Thx
    The couch stretch is literally Day 2 of the MobilityWOD. I think it's on page 55 currently.

I haven't gotten to the others yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast