starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing a belt with a gut.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheGeek View Post
    Does any other fatties notice when squatting with a belt, the fat that squishes out below the belt make it a little more difficult to get to depth when compared to without a belt? Or maybe I'm just wearing it wrong?
    I kinda noticed that when I was wearing it "tilted", my fat did squish out.... After I lost a little weight, I'm wearing it "around" my fat tire. So it only squishes the excess out over the top and bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheGeek View Post
    Does any other fatties notice when squatting with a belt, the fat that squishes out below the belt make it a little more difficult to get to depth when compared to without a belt? Or maybe I'm just wearing it wrong?
    My belt is squishing it up, so it makes it look like I have a bigger gut than when I have the belt off.

a) you guys are fat!

b) but so am i... i definitely don't like the way a belt feels squishing my flab, but this thread has inspired me to try one of these things. Prob starting w/ a Harbinger 4" velcro (for a whopping investment of $25).

c) OP, i don't want to rain on your parade or dissuade you from continued execution on the program, but your body composition numbers are pretty unlikely unless you're 6' 6" +. This is especially true if you are in fact "old". 166lbs LBM -> 184lbs LBM in 6 weeks would be 3 lbs of muscle/tendon/bone a week. That's a LOT for someone that didn't start out REALLY unmuscled. On the other hand, if you're still going up 10lbs a workout w/ no problem at 255lbs work sets this isn't the time to worry about such things.

Hey guys!

My cheap, nylon belt from Sports Authority (19.00) failed today during deadlifts. The buckle broke, luckily I was not hurt. Watch it with those cheap belts. They are not suitable for what we do.

Im looking to get a single prong. Do I go Inzer or Best Belts and why? Both are about the same price but Inzers delivery is 2-3 weeks whereas Best is supposedly 5-6 days. Any opinions out there?

Inzer belt are rock solid, I'll tell you that. If you call them and ask them what belts they currently have in stock, it might not take that long.

You know you're fat when you have to physically move your gut out of the way to make sure you have the belt in the right hole.

When I squat down and my fat accumulates my belt gets tighter to tge point that it gets pushed up or affects my squat.

I have an inzer lever.

Sounds like MEbig needs to wear it a little looser so that its the right tension during the lower parts of the squat.

starting strength coach development program
    This. I need to have it a little looser for squat/DL. Tighter on Press/Bench. I have a Best Belt. It is solid!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast