starting strength gym
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Natural bodybuilding - how to?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by forgeforth View Post
    given the fact that I don't have much experience staring at male torsos, would have not had any idea he was anywhere near that range.
    1. So you can't judge body fat by looking.
    Unless you're getting a DEXA scan or have experience with calipers, I generally don't put much trust in internet self-assessments.
    2. People on the internet can't measure bodyfat accurately.
    I don't know of many people who ran SS and didn't end up around 25% body fat
    3. You know people who have done SS and what their body fat% is.

Given points 1 and 2, where did the data come from to conclude point 3? I have to assume that you personally know many people who have done SS and have seen the results of their DEXA scans. Or you're pulling stuff out of your ass.

Last edited by Tom Narvaez; 04-19-2012 at 12:46 AM.

I think he may have gotten the impression from what you said here:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Narvaez View Post
    This will also be controversial, but I think it's a waste of time to do bodybuilding naturally. I also don't really understand the point if you don't even want to get on stage. If you just want to look good naked, small dosages will allow you to be pretty big and not have to live like a fucking hermit to maintain sub-10% year round. If you want to have kids, take some time off, do your HCG stuff, and you're gonna be good to go.
    Can't imagine how that would have given him the impression you were recommending steroids.

Some of you guys really know how to gay up threads

Thank God we have barnone here to defend us against the training nazis... in every single thread.
    you mean in this thread, and one other.

Are you fucking retarded? You have a fitting username. I never told anyone to take steroids. I said that natural bodybuilding is pointless. And it is. I'll just use the numbers you quoted, 6' 200lbs @ 5%. Wanna know what Ronnie clocks in at? 5'9" 300lbs in contest shape. lol. Natural bodybuilding is a joke. If you just want to look good naked, all you need to do is lower your body fat percentage and you'll look just fine naked. Not sure why that pissed you off so bad.

Why would I have to take steroids to be knowledgeable about them? Not that it even matters, but my opinion on bodybuilding in general comes from consulting with an IFBB pro.

You sound pretty fucking pissed about this subject bro. And your recent posts are basically an admonition to the fact that you're either on or have been on. Based on how worried you are about screwing something it up, it sounds like you were another Joe Gym Rat that fucked up and got gyno. Amirite?
    Ronnie is on a lot more than steroids and he is not 5'9 for sure and needed about 15 years to get to 300lbs contest.

You get the right to shut the fuck up and stop saying that natural bodybuilding makes no sense.

What doesn't make sense is trying to give advice when you don't have the credentials.

"But I was talking to IFBB pro." blah blah blah.

STFU and let the guy do what he wants and I've never had bitch tits if that's what you are trying to say.

I didn't give anyone advice. Advice on steroids is: take this at this dose. Everyone already knows that steroids work. Reiterating that is not advice. "Leave the guy alone and let him do what he wants!" Are you kidding me? LOL, you make it seem like I'm peer pressuring him to take steroids. Can you read?

You completely missed my point about Ronnie. Good work.

You keep mentioning credentials. What are YOUR credentials? You're some kind of dumbass if they aren't very special. Seriously, as if someone needed to be an accomplished athlete to talk about steroids. You must not be aware how many people actually juice at your average Gold's Gym. I have friends who have juiced at literally all levels. I've studied the topic in depth. I know exactly what I'd take, how much I'd take, and where I'd get my first cycle if I wanted to go that route. I don't know why you're assuming I'm ignorant on the subject. It's not even relevant in the first place.

I never said natural bodybuilding didn't "make sense". I said training like a bodybuilder makes no sense if you don't want to get on stage. Society's aesthetic standards are very different from that of the bodybuilding cult. Look at a fitness model, or even just a regular model, and then compare that shit to a bodybuilder. It's very different.

For the record though, bodybuilding is a stupid sport and "natural" bodybuilding, I'm talking real contests here, is all about who is the best at cheating. If that's what you're into, have fun, dude. It's a waste of time.

For whatever reason, you pissed me off particularly bad. Congrats. I mad.
    only and idiot like you would get so worked up over an internet post. Plus your posts are full of inaccurate and false statements. It should be everyone else that is getting mad at you, not the other way around.

starting strength coach development program
    Last edited by Tom Narvaez; 04-19-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast