starting strength gym

Thread: Got a problem that prevents you from training? Check out this video.

Default Got a problem that prevents you from training? Check out this video.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Couldn't figure out which forum to post this link on, but since I'm a charter member of the geezer's club I thought I'd post it here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaqF1...ature=youtu.be

Holy crap! That defines awesome.

Hot damn, thanks for posting this!

Goes well with the vid of Naomi Kutin squatting more than twice her bodyweight..

"I don't want to bulk up."
    "First let's get you stronger than a nine year old girl, then we'll see how bulky you get after that."
    "But I have these injuries..."
    "Worse injuries than having only one leg?"

That's one strong young lady. Thanks for posting her very awesome accomplishment.

Almost blew off training yesterday at lunch to hit the local Thai place with the younger guys in the office. After watching these videos, I hit the gym instead. Thanks for sharing!

I know this is an old thread but I just watched this video today. It was also my first day back into the gym in a couple months. First guy I see in the gym was missing a hand. I see him start using the hack squat machine. Only then did I notice he had 2 below the knee amputations! I was completely impressed!

Well now, I guess gives a whole new perspective to soreness and second day sorness as reasons to take an extra day off, doesn't it?

Well done Allison and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by 48Dodge View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I just watched this video today. It was also my first day back into the gym in a couple months. First guy I see in the gym was missing a hand. I see him start using the hack squat machine. Only then did I notice he had 2 below the knee amputations! I was completely impressed!
    If he is a young guy, I'm guessing he's a veteran of Iraq/Afghanistan and got a little too close to an IED explosion. I have had the honor of working with many of these kids through an organization I volunteer with. Many (not all) have nothing more in mind than figuring out their new bodies and becoming self reliant once again.

God bless our young men and women troops.

starting strength coach development program
    Well, I met the guy I described a couple weeks ago. Turns out he didn't have BKAs, but was actually born missing part of his limbs. Has one normal hand, both legs are missing just the feet so his legs fit into his prosthetics all the way down to where the ankle would be. Really a neat kid and nice as he can be. Plays baseball (pitcher), I believe he played for a smaller college and is getting ready to try out for the local college down here. Pitches and catches with the same hand. He has a really cool plastic sleeve that he puts on his arm so he can do bench presses.