starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: squatting and running

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    There is a ton of stuff out there of various degrees of value. I doubt you will find is anything that programs endurance and strength training.
    Do you have specific questions or just interested in the topic?

Bronan, even though your a runner you might check out some of the information geared towards cyclists. Hammer nutrition has an excellent website with many links to other sites and studies. Of course their selling their products but the information is good reading.

When I was training for my marathon, I picked up the Kindle version of Advanced Marathoning by Pete Pfitzinger after reading the reviews for most of the popular books on the subject. I'd say it's very similar to Practical Programming in style, although it's obviously geared towards marathons. It's a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by D_51 View Post
    I doubt you will find is anything that programs endurance and strength training.
    That's no problem, just want a pure endurance training source.

Quote Originally Posted by D_51 View Post
    Do you have specific questions...?
    No, I'm just curious as to whether there is something like a cross-country programming bible with a theory of adaptation and various programming templates a la Practical Programming. PP puts forth a model, and everything else in the book fits in with it. I wonder if there's a similar resource for runners beyond the typical stuff that's basically like "Here's a great 5k program!" A lot of the running plans sound like muscle mag weight training routines in that they lack rigor; this is what I'm trying to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinner2u View Post
    Bronan, even though your a runner you might check out some of the information geared towards cyclists. Hammer nutrition has an excellent website with many links to other sites and studies. Of course their selling their products but the information is good reading.
    Thanks. Will peep.

Quote Originally Posted by snyderman3000 View Post
    When I was training for my marathon, I picked up the Kindle version of Advanced Marathoning by Pete Pfitzinger after reading the reviews for most of the popular books on the subject. I'd say it's very similar to Practical Programming in style, although it's obviously geared towards marathons. It's a good read.
    Thanks. Same author has one for "5k to marathon." Will prolly get that one.

"The Triathlete's Training Bible" by Joe Friel covers triathlon and duathlon training in detail, including yearly training planning. It is worth a read.

starting strength coach development program
    I used this http://www.amazon.com/Runners-World-.../dp/B004GTMZ6I and ran a 5k under 20 minutes. It is pretty neat in that you run way less on it than with other programs (most weeks under 20 miles) and you only run 3 times a week, but you run harder.

Completely ignore anything but the stuff about the program and research though. The nutrition and strength training sections are horrible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123