starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is anyone else going to try Jim Wendler's 100-Rep Challenge?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    If you can do 50 straight without pausing for a breath...100 should be cake. No matter how much weight I use, I always pause at around 30 to take a deep breath or two.

Any updates from anyone?

Not doing the challenge as written but my assistance is basically just 100 reppers. What I like about is that it doesn't require as much thinking and fussing over as my previous 3x15 per bodypart scheme. The pump is also an added bonus, you'd get half an inch on your arms post-WO, perfect before going to the club! LOL

I'm still piss weak though my best 100 rep lifts are:
    30lb on curls
    15lbs on plate raise
    bar on shrugs LOL

I added some other exercises like back extensions, leg extensions, leg curls, and calf raises. I also do them on off days. The morning after I do the same 100 reppers on my home using a lighter weight, helps aid the soreness IMO.

I'll update. I am doing thr program as written, in the order it's written in.

I'm doing well at some things but not others.

I am terrible at Bulgarian Squats. I do about 25 per leg before my balance gives out. I hate these things, they're awkward. And squatting the day before doesn't help, but it's not really a strength problem, I just can't do many without stopping. I put my foot down for 5 seconds, readjust, and keep going. I can do all 100 hamstring curls without a problem even after the Bulgarian squats. But after both of those my situps suffer. I can do 100 if rested but not after everything else.

I finally did the 100 front plate raises without stopping. It was not fun. But after that I'm nowhere close to 100 curls. I can get 60 before I have to drop the bar. I just can't do 100 after doing tr front plate raises. Maybe if I had longer to rest, but I don't have all day. And the Kirk Karwoski Rows are the worst. After the plate raises and curls I have no grip left whatsoever and my shoulders feel like they've been hit by a truck. I usually get 30 reps at 135 lbs before having to put it down. Then I do sets of 15 or 20 to finish it off. I only need a few seconds rest to get back after it bur I can't go straight through.

I doubt I'll get all 300 reps in a day without stopping on either upper or lower body days, but after the challenge I'll see how I do at some 100 reppers when I'm well rested. I think I can get 100 of it all if I'm rested.

I'm not doing the challenge, but I have been adding in some ultra high rep work after my assistance in 5/3/1. Figure it can't hurt anything and should give me some size.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by KAG View Post
    I'll update. I am doing thr program as written, in the order it's written in.

I'm doing well at some things but not others.

I am terrible at Bulgarian Squats. I do about 25 per leg before my balance gives out. I hate these things, they're awkward. And squatting the day before doesn't help, but it's not really a strength problem, I just can't do many without stopping. I put my foot down for 5 seconds, readjust, and keep going. I can do all 100 hamstring curls without a problem even after the Bulgarian squats. But after both of those my situps suffer. I can do 100 if rested but not after everything else.

I finally did the 100 front plate raises without stopping. It was not fun. But after that I'm nowhere close to 100 curls. I can get 60 before I have to drop the bar. I just can't do 100 after doing tr front plate raises. Maybe if I had longer to rest, but I don't have all day. And the Kirk Karwoski Rows are the worst. After the plate raises and curls I have no grip left whatsoever and my shoulders feel like they've been hit by a truck. I usually get 30 reps at 135 lbs before having to put it down. Then I do sets of 15 or 20 to finish it off. I only need a few seconds rest to get back after it bur I can't go straight through.

I doubt I'll get all 300 reps in a day without stopping on either upper or lower body days, but after the challenge I'll see how I do at some 100 reppers when I'm well rested. I think I can get 100 of it all if I'm rested.
    I found that doing the kirk rows first, then the plate raises, then the curls is the best way for me. Curls basically shut me down. I can't do a single fucking thing after I do any curls. It's really weird, but it's always been that way for me. The pump is too much, even if Im only doing 3 sets of 10. My grip stops working, my forearms feel like they'll explode...

So I save those for last and the kirks first and I'm all set.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456