Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Belts

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Bump as this got buried today due to IPF discussion.
    You are unlikely to regret having the thicker belt, but at the end of the day, either would almost certainly meet your needs. If you are getting the three-inch primarily for pulls, the thinner belt would get in the way a little less. If for squatting and deadlifting, I would get the thicker one because, as KOTJ can tell you, bigger is better.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Rehband makes some of the worst knee sleeves for the money, yet only SBD and Titan are approved.
    Rheband is not on the list either? Dear lord, the IPF have lost their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    If for squatting and deadlifting, I would get the thicker one because, as KOTJ can tell you, bigger is better.
    I've always thought of KOTJ as more of a it's-not-the-size-but-how-you-use-it kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Rheband is not on the list either? Dear lord, the IPF have lost their minds.
    Bad wording. Rehband is approved. I a dumb

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    I was late on the send button and I have to agree. If they cannot pay their rent, so to speak, on collection of dues and entry fees, then they can surely look for sponsors, but not at the expense of denying another product.
    Wait, back the fuck up, the IPF doesn't have any sponsors? Why the fuck not? Why the fuck aren't they running ads and shit out the ass at worlds? I'm sure Nike or someone would pay them money to advertise their shoes. Like what the shit? What kind of incompetent clowns are running this shitshow?

I'm competing in the USAPL Juggernaut Winter Open here in California in 1.5 weeks. The lifter email (was sent out today) says that gear must meet USAPL specs, but DOES NOT have to be IPF-approved. The example they gave was knees sleeves (e.g., STrong and Iron Rebel being ok), but it seems to extend to belts and Best Belts as well.

The Juggernaut meet is being run by Marisa Inda and Hani Jazayrli. I bet Sheryl Condon's meets (and probably the Boss of NorCal meets held by Sparkle and Dan Green) will be similar. Of course this is all at the local level and not the national or international level... But it's something...? \_(ツ)_/

The IPF should use some of those equipment fees to pay for decent spotters.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    The IPF should use some of those equipment fees to pay for decent spotters.
    Lol. Nah, some skinny high school volunteers will be fine.

So apparently there's a one time approval fee and a yearly "licence fee".

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Again, politics. Competitors can voice their opinions by moving onto other federations, but I kinda get the feeling that many competitors will buy what's approved if they don't already own approved gear.
    Or, as is the case here in Sweden and might also be the case in other countries, besides the US, there are no other federations. All of our meets, except for smaller meets arranged by powerlifting clubs (mostly targeting non-powerlifters to try to get them interested in the sport), follow IPF rules.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast