Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Best Belts

Matt Haden from General Leathercraft talks about his experience trying to get his belts approved by the IPF toward the end of his interview here The Story of Pioneer Belts: Crafted in America ? Massenomics

Leah, you're an excellent ambassador for the sport and IPF. No comment other than that...You would be a great professional representative for any company, and I really hope Rip realizes your value.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Leah, you're an excellent ambassador for the sport and IPF. No comment other than that...You would be a great professional representative for any company, and I really hope Rip realizes your value.
    Thanks. I'm not trying to be a company man or anything, and I get plenty frustrated. I was ready to skip my hand off at Worlds due to the spotter situation. So I have been there done that.

I also see partially informed ideas thrown out from time to time. And I think more info tends to help any discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    Powerlifting Australia coach at my gym, who's wife was the Aus distributor of Tital gear, told me it's $10k to get on the list. Seems like that might be an annual fee given what's happened to Best's
    Quote Originally Posted by OCG View Post
    So apparently there's a one time approval fee and a yearly "licence fee".
    Quote Originally Posted by SirIrb View Post
    That was the way the conversation came across. and if the provious comment about $10k fee is real that is some serious cash.
    this post from Metal would seem to corroborate that, and also explain why the IPF approved stuff is so much more expensive.

https://gometal.com/2014/12/03/ipf-approved-fees-2015/

At least they sound apologetic bout it

I kinda wish they could increase the Approval Fees so we could get more Contest Coverage.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637