starting strength gym
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Best Belts

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    I have the 4" Athlete and love it. But it's uncomfortable for deadlifts. I'm going to order a 3" from Best but unsure if I should buy the Prime or not. I read some pages back on this thread that Prime is the way to go on the 3" because it can feel flimsy if it's not thick enough. Thanks for any feedback!
    Bump as this got buried today due to IPF discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kje_simen View Post
    How large is the difference in looks between a Best/GLC belt and an Inzer? I have a Best belt and there is no obvious way, to me at least, to tell who manufactured it. Could it be possible to just say its an Inzer belt at a meet and have them approve it?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post

I asked that very same question.
    I've only done a couple of local IPF meets, but the people checking off the gear pretty much just took everyone's word for it, they didn't even look hard at it, all I got was "nice colour"

actually that might be a give away, don't inzer/titan only do basic colours? the Fuchsia might raise questions

I think Cody has posted in the Pioneer thread how to spot the differences. With that said, I did a state championship meet a few years ago and used an old EliteFTS belt. (disclaimer there wasn't a qualifier and I came in last). They were mostly concerned with t shirts, whitey tighties, and long socks for deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Bump as this got buried today due to IPF discussion.
    You are unlikely to regret having the thicker belt, but at the end of the day, either would almost certainly meet your needs. If you are getting the three-inch primarily for pulls, the thinner belt would get in the way a little less. If for squatting and deadlifting, I would get the thicker one because, as KOTJ can tell you, bigger is better.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Rehband makes some of the worst knee sleeves for the money, yet only SBD and Titan are approved.
    Rheband is not on the list either? Dear lord, the IPF have lost their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    If for squatting and deadlifting, I would get the thicker one because, as KOTJ can tell you, bigger is better.
    I've always thought of KOTJ as more of a it's-not-the-size-but-how-you-use-it kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    I was late on the send button and I have to agree. If they cannot pay their rent, so to speak, on collection of dues and entry fees, then they can surely look for sponsors, but not at the expense of denying another product.
    Wait, back the fuck up, the IPF doesn't have any sponsors? Why the fuck not? Why the fuck aren't they running ads and shit out the ass at worlds? I'm sure Nike or someone would pay them money to advertise their shoes. Like what the shit? What kind of incompetent clowns are running this shitshow?

I'm competing in the USAPL Juggernaut Winter Open here in California in 1.5 weeks. The lifter email (was sent out today) says that gear must meet USAPL specs, but DOES NOT have to be IPF-approved. The example they gave was knees sleeves (e.g., STrong and Iron Rebel being ok), but it seems to extend to belts and Best Belts as well.

The Juggernaut meet is being run by Marisa Inda and Hani Jazayrli. I bet Sheryl Condon's meets (and probably the Boss of NorCal meets held by Sparkle and Dan Green) will be similar. Of course this is all at the local level and not the national or international level... But it's something...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The IPF should use some of those equipment fees to pay for decent spotters.

starting strength coach development program
    So apparently there's a one time approval fee and a yearly "licence fee".

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast