Page 360 of 517 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    What stories of quality issues? The first batch has some issues. No one has reported anything of significance since. If there is anything recent, please report it here....
    I was just referring to the comments a few pages back and the similar ones I remember reading towards the start of this thread (pg 40?), where I believe someone mentioned poorly finished holes and inferior welds. But it sounds like titan has since figured their shit out, more or less.

Default Garage gyms

My home gym - getting stronger for the challenge of the "Extreme Sport of Ageing".

Quote Originally Posted by Russbowen View Post

My home gym - getting stronger for the challenge of the "Extreme Sport of Ageing".
    Shiny. No fear dropping those on that floor ?

What brand do folks recommend for a Prowler? I only need steel skis, not UMHV. This will be pushed back and forth on my concrete driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post
    What brand do folks recommend for a Prowler? I only need steel skis, not UMHV. This will be pushed back and forth on my concrete driveway.
    To follow on to this, SWMBO is of the belief that a prowler with 140 lbs of plates piled on it (for 225 lbs total or thereabouts) will damage our new-last-July driveway. Bullshit or not?

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Well, there's always the Prowler... From what people have said, copies all perform equally well for less money.
    A real Prowler would cost me $480 shipped from EliteFTS. The Rogue option is about $350 shipped, and then there are a bunch of $200 options (Dick's, Rep Fitness off Amazon, Titan HD, etc.). Dick's has a $130 "primed power sled". If that's going to hold together then I'll go pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Isn't it feasible to just find an old steel wagon, pull the wheels off, slap some angle iron skids on the bottom, and then throw weight into the wagon as desired?

Essentially, a prowler-type implement, in particular a pull-behind model, should be easy to fabricate or have someone fabricate something useful fairly cheap.
    push a car, in neutral, as hard as you can

. . . sure you'll start off a little slow, after about 10 seconds, it'll be moving fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Shipping is $200 from EFS? The econo prowler is $275.
    The econo prowler would be cheaper and be in the same ballpark cost (shipped) as the Rogue option.

The cost of the Dick's option is equal to just the shipping cost of a full prowler. I think I'm going to give the Dick's option a shot and sell it on Craigslist if it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post
    A real Prowler would cost me $480 shipped from EliteFTS. The Rogue option is about $350 shipped, and then there are a bunch of $200 options (Dick's, Rep Fitness off Amazon, Titan HD, etc.). Dick's has a $130 "primed power sled". If that's going to hold together then I'll go pick one up.
    I would think anything would do in a home setting. Commerical shit (i.e. a public gym) with many people using it who don't give a fuck . . . could see getting something heavy duty.

I bought a cheap0 one for ~$150-170 2+ years ago. No problems. https://christiansfitnessfactory.com...-sled-3-0.html

starting strength coach development program
    I got lucky, a local crossfit box was dumping four Rogue Butcher sleds on CL - I think I paid $220 and drove all of eight miles for it.