starting strength gym
Page 394 of 517 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    I'm planning on getting some Captains of Crush grippers for some direct grip training. They've got the "Any 3 CoC Grippers" deal for $56.85, which is cheaper than buying them separately.

My best deadlift is 661 with a mixed hook grip, and my best DOH is 405 for 3 or 5 reps, but it's been a while. The table below shows the options. Any suggestions as to which ones to get? I'm leaning towards a Point Five, a No. 1, and a No. 1.5.

No. 1401 Captains of Crush Guide - c. 60 lb. (Novice, rehab)
    No. 1402 Captains of Crush Sport - c. 80 lb. (Warm-up, conditioning)
    No. 1250 Captains of Crush Trainer - c. 100 lb. (Strong guys start here)
    No. 1250.5 Captains of Crush Point Five - c. 120 lb. (Bridge to the No. 1)
    No. 1251 Captains of Crush No. 1 - c. 140 lb. (Already gripping, start here)
    No. 1251.5 Captains of Crush No. 1.5 - c. 167.5 lb. (Bridge to the No. 2)
    No. 1252 Captains of Crush No. 2 - c. 195 lb. (Life-saving levels of grip strength)
    No. 1252.5 Captains of Crush No. 2.5 - c. 237.5 lb. (Bridge to the No. 3)
    No. 1253 Captains of Crush No. 3 - c. 280 lb. (World-class: get certified)
    No. 1253.5 Captains of Crush No. 3.5 - c. 322.5 lb. (Bridge to the No. 4)
    No. 1272 Captains of Crush No. 4 - c. 365 lb. (Be like Magnus Samuelsson!)
    I could DOH ~340 for 5 reps and wasn't able to close 0.5 10 times when I started. Even guys who are working on 2.0 and above seem to like the 'T' as a warm up.

Thanks Cody, a few more qs.

If I'm unfortunate enough that the bolting hole is right where the rubber/wood meets, is this an issue? If so, could I have half on the rubber half on the wood?

If the rack is between 1400mm and 1550mm (either a little under, or possibly over 4 feet) and my plat is 8*8ft, will the pulling area be spacious enough to PC? If not, would doing it in the rack be ok or should I plan for a bigger plat?

Are safety straps gentle enough for rack pulls on a bar I want to take care of, or should I get a beater bar/blocks? I wanted the safety straps thinking they'd be gentle, but I want to be sure before I mess up my bar.
    Last edited by Crimmy; 05-18-2017 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
    Thanks Cody, a few more qs.

If I'm unfortunate enough that the bolting hole is right where the rubber/wood meets, is this an issue? If so, could I have half on the rubber half on the wood?

If the rack is between 1400mm and 1550mm (either a little under, or possibly over 4 feet) and my plat is 8*8ft, will the pulling area be spacious enough to PC? If not, would doing it in the rack be ok or should I plan for a bigger plat?

Are safety straps gentle enough for rack pulls on a bar I want to take care of, or should I get a beater bar/blocks? I wanted the safety straps thinking they'd be gentle, but I want to be sure before I mess up my bar.
    1. Yeah that's fine.
    2. Nope. You want at least 6', though the full 8' is better. I had made a platform insert for my rack then just butt it up against my 8x8 platform. Then I realized power cleans are stupid.
    3. If you're careful setting it down. I strongly prefer blocks though.

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster103 View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting the Crepinsek SSB (used by Dr. Hatfield)...I sold my old SSB and a Rogue Swiss Bar this past week. I believe the length and angle of the camber will really make a difference. My old SSB was a POS. It required me holding onto the handles for deal life, or the bar would have fallen. I'll give an update once it arrives and I have a chance to use it. Ralph was great to deal with regarding the bar and was very fair with his pricing.
    Crepinsek SSB arrived yesterday, 5/17/17. It was delivered via UPS ground. I have not had the opportunity to use it as of yet. I can tell you this...it is built like a brick shithouse. It weighs over 60 lbs (I think it is about 63 lbs) and is solid. Ralph was great to work with and was very straightforward. Crepinsek is not like EliteFTS or Rogue...I think it is only Ralph and maybe another guy that run his small business. With that being said, it took a bit of time to get the bar to arrive to my house. He is definitely old-school and I paid him with a personal check. I sent the check out on 5/2 and the bar arrived on 5/17. So it was about a two week turnaround. I will post pics later tonight when I get home from work. The bar is powder coated black. He threw in a pair of short stub handles (5") that I attached after unpacking the bar.

I only found out about Crepinsek while I had been searching for an SSB online - it was really by accident. Louie Simmons carries his bar on his website. However, I wanted to purchase directly from Ralph since he is the originator of the bar made famous by Dr. Squat. It is also a bit cheaper to go through Ralph as I'm guessing there is a slight markup on Westside. Otherwise, during our conversations, I was not aware of any other online vendors carrying his product (I could be wrong).

I will probably mess around with the bar tonight as it is a deload week for me. Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks - photos and further description to follow tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Bathtub unboxing.
    Photos or GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster103 View Post
    Photos or GTFO
    Inside the tub, or outside of it is the question.

Bathtub unboxing.
    I remember that guy. What happened to him?

Rogue (US) has the T, 1, 1.5, 2, & 2.5 for $92
    Thanks allent. I ended up ordering this set.

Default Garage gyms

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    1. Yeah that's fine.
    2. Nope. You want at least 6', though the full 8' is better. I had made a platform insert for my rack then just butt it up against my 8x8 platform. Then I realized power cleans are stupid.
    3. If you're careful setting it down. I strongly prefer blocks though.
    I only have an 8' long platform. I only have 4' of clear platform. I have zero issues doing power cleans. If you're moving more than this, then I think you have bigger problems.

Btw, as lomg as the lag bolt is long enough to get through the wood layers below the rubber, it will be secure.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by schmatt View Post
    I only have an 8' long platform. I only have 4' of clear platform. I have zero issues doing power cleans. If you're moving more than this, then I think you have bigger problems.
    You've clearly never had a bail from a lift.