starting strength gym
Page 400 of 517 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    I sometimes find it better to skip light squat days, as rather than promote recovery, it seems to add to the overall systemic fatigue. I find that the day off promotes recovery even better.
    Yes, I do snatches for DL recovery. What % of your 5RM is your light squat day? A lot of people have it right at 80% and that can be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultarnr75 View Post
    Having trouble with my photo settings. Made sure the settings are public

r3b4 - Google Drive

rack - Google Drive

platform - Google Drive
    awesome man

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post
    Yes, I do snatches for DL recovery. What % of your 5RM is your light squat day? A lot of people have it right at 80% and that can be too much.
    Yeah, it was at about 80%. Higher is recommended for older lifters (54) in Barbell Prescription (volume sensitive, intensity dependent). But I just assume skip it, since overall fatigue is the enemy, not lack of blood flow to squat musculature.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    Seems like you could have just made the entire rack yourself! Nice work.

I see that you're a quarter round should match the floor rather than the baseboards kind of guy. Interesting. To me that's like having a preference for Pepsi over Coke. (Not that I've had either in a long time. . . .)
    Actually my wife and i hate the quarter round...haha. She has painted all the upstairs from brown to white.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultarnr75 View Post
    Actually my wife and i hate the quarter round...haha. She has painted all the upstairs from brown to white.
    Good idea. White will be much nicer.

I ripped all mine off when the lazy floor people refused to do so. . . . I haven't put it back on. There are some flaws, as quarter round seems to be largely a way to hide poor carpentry. I've tried to fill some of the gaps with flexible caulk and then paint over it along with the baseboards. The flaws are pretty hard to see. The gaps just blend in with the baseboards. As I expected, it failed in a few places when the floor boards shrank this winter. A second application seems to have survived. I'll see how it goes when the wood swells in the summer. . . . I can always put the quarter round back on if it won't work. Either way, I really want the floor sealed to the walls. I'll rip the baseboards off and seal the corner before putting them back on if I have to. . . . I'm trying to slow down the stack effect in an old leaky house. It's a loosing battle. But I don't have any drafts that I can feel.

Ignore the ugly wires. I'm going to get rid of those. . . .
    Last edited by iamsmuts; 05-27-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Can't seem to get the search to work...

What is the best value curl bar? I'd like to add some arm work for obvious reasons and don't want to spend the coin on Rogue but also don't want a piece of crap.

I'm thinking XMark

Amazon.com : XMark Fitness 28mm Olympic EZ Curl Bar with Medium Knurling, Chrome Sleeves, Durable Nylon Bushings, 400 lb. Capacity, Excellent Quality (Chrome) : Sports & Outdoors

thoughts?
    Last edited by Nardaq; 05-27-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardaq View Post
    Can't seem to get the search to work...

What is the best value curl bar? I'd like to add some arm work for obvious reasons and don't want to spend the coin on Rogue but also don't want a piece of crap.

I'm thinking XMark

Amazon.com : XMark Fitness 28mm Olympic EZ Curl Bar with Medium Knurling, Chrome Sleeves, Durable Nylon Bushings, 400 lb. Capacity, Excellent Quality (Chrome) : Sports & Outdoors

thoughts?
    I have this one

6 ft Curl Bar | Power Systems

It's awesome (and rackable, unlike almost none others)

$142

Save 20% off site wide + free shipping over $49
    Use Code: MDAY17

$115

I think thats a slightly better deal than I got when I bought it

Quote Originally Posted by tnumrych View Post
    Walmart has the CAP OB-86PBCK on sale for $106 if you pick up in store, $112 if you don't. Fairly well regarded bar if your budget is really low or you're looking for a rack pulls beater.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbel...ack-7/20641150
    Hey thanks....hang on I can't pronounce this...tnumrych!

My first bar. I'm pretty excited. Well, not that excited, I don't have anything to put on it.

Picked one of these up a few days ago. The girl almost killed herself since it broke out of one end of the tube. Didn't hit anything luckily. Then she's like "I know you ain't puttin no weight on this bar, it's already heavy enough!"

Titan is having a sale this weekend. I can see in the search results there's a few threads about this but I'm having overanalysis paralysis.

The T2 is $271. Thinner, but potentially more mobile if I need to shove it around the garage or when we move someday.

The T3 HD "short" rack (83" high) is only $313. The same thing in 36" deep is $330.

My garage ceiling joists are 87" off the ground though there's some room between them.

What would you do?

It's just gonna be me (trying to get squat up to 405) and maybe my kids using it.

And we're going for the "minimally expensive usable setup" here, hence the CAP bar.

And I still have to buy plates.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ithryn View Post
    Titan is having a sale this weekend. I can see in the search results there's a few threads about this but I'm having overanalysis paralysis.

The T2 is $271. Thinner, but potentially more mobile if I need to shove it around the garage or when we move someday.

The T3 HD "short" rack (83" high) is only $313. The same thing in 36" deep is $330.

My garage ceiling joists are 87" off the ground though there's some room between them.

What would you do?

It's just gonna be me (trying to get squat up to 405) and maybe my kids using it.

And we're going for the "minimally expensive usable setup" here, hence the CAP bar.

And I still have to buy plates.
    Saw this as well, and though not quite ready to pull the trigger on stuff, 20% off is hard to pass up. I'm leaning towards the T3, I think accessory-wise it's got more options, I like the Westside hole spacing for benches, and I'd prefer the slightly beefier frame for not much more $$.
    Having said that, the T2 is serviceable (used an equivalent at Skillin's), but personally I'm planning on getting the T3.
    How often do you expect to be moving it?
    Last edited by damufunman; 05-29-2017 at 07:16 AM.