Page 420 of 517 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    Bought those Rogue calibrateds yet?
    If I sell my current plates I will. I'm not actively marketing them, but if someone makes me an offer I'll upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    This.

Or, come by my place and I'll sell you all my plates. For real. 700 lbs commercial. I'm in Georgia.

Im almost in canada upstate NY. Would be a bit of a drive lol.

I just built my platform with two 4' x 8' sheets of 5/8" OSB, stacked on top of two more 4' x 8' sheets of 5/8" OSB. I have a 4' x 8' sheet of nice 3/4"maple down the middle, and 3/4" thick stall mats on the sides. I just put together my new Titan T3 rack, and positioned the uprights, so the holes for bolting the rack down do not sit on the 3/4" maple, but are on the stall mat instead. Is it safe and secure enough to bolt it down into the stall mat and OSB using lag screws? I was thinking 5/8" diameter and 2 1/2" length. The Art of Manliness article suggested 3 1/2" lag screws but that seems too long. I have read through most of this thread over the past few months (it's how I chose the T3) but honestly can't recall if the rack can be safely bolted into the mat and OSB. Thanks for any help and all the advice in this thread.
    Last edited by Michael Mullany; 06-28-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatchatoa1 View Post
    I just built my platform with two 4' x 8' sheets of 5/8" OSB, stacked on top of two more 4' x 8' sheets of 5/8" OSB. I have a 4' x 8' sheet of nice 3/4"maple down the middle, and 3/4" thick stall mats on the sides. I just put together my new Titan T3 rack, and positioned the uprights, so the holes for bolting the rack down do not sit on the 3/4" maple, but are on the stall mat instead. Is it safe and secure enough to bolt it down into the stall mat and OSB using lag screws? I was thinking 5/8" diameter and 2 1/2" length. The Art of Manliness article suggested 3 1/2" lag screws but that seems too long. I have read through most of this thread over the past few months (it's how I chose the T3) but honestly can't recall if the rack can be safely bolted into the mat and OSB. Thanks for any help and all the advice in this thread.
    The mats don't compress much at all. I have mine bolted into mats and then into the shitty, thin concrete in my basement. It's fine.

I got two Titan weight trees last month, here's my quick thoughts:

- I'm storing about 600# on each tree.
    - They are quite large, they are larger than most other weight trees I've seen.
    - The stands are very stable. Assembly was 6 large bolts.
    - Welds are the typical Titan quality (not great but serviceable)
    - Power coating was fine. The plates have already started to grind off the finish on the storage bars. The finish has a bit of a texture (not slippery) and the rods are close to 2" in diameter. Cheaper plates slide on easily but tight fitting plates (Rogue comp., etc.) take careful aligning which can be a pain when you're racking 55# plates after your DL.
    - I would have liked a little vertical bar on the top to store change plates. However, there is plenty of room between the feet for change plates + clamps, etc.
    - The vertical bar holders are stable and work great. I'm storing an Ivanko and 2 Rogue bars w/o any problems.

For $85 each these are a steal. BUT! be sure you have enough room for their footprint. I've got one squeezed between the garage door and my rack and I think I want to move everything over about a foot.

Link -->
    https://www.titan.fitness/strength-e...zer-stand.html

Thoughts on the Rogue monolift attachment? Incline benching is a staple lift for me but I find unracking the bar problematic, thinking this would make it much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by 51M0n View Post
    Thoughts on the Rogue monolift attachment? Incline benching is a staple lift for me but I find unracking the bar problematic, thinking this would make it much easier.
    Monolift attachment is most excellent for unracking the bar without a spotter for the hand-off.

I bolted my rack down into the stall mat and two layers of 5/8" OSB with 3/8" diameter, 2 1/2" long lag screws. It seems sturdy enough. Is the basis for bolting to prevent it from sliding on the platform or floor, or to prevent it from tipping? It seems fine for the former, perhaps not so sturdy for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatchatoa1 View Post
    I bolted my rack down into the stall mat and two layers of 5/8" OSB with 3/8" diameter, 2 1/2" long lag screws. It seems sturdy enough. Is the basis for bolting to prevent it from sliding on the platform or floor, or to prevent it from tipping? It seems fine for the former, perhaps not so sturdy for the latter.
    If that sucker is bolted down, you shouldn't have much of a worry of it tipping. Especially if you're doing most your heavy work inside the rack. OSB is more likely to break down since it's particle board.....but I find bolting my rack down was most useful for stability/sliding/ and when I train with Bands I don't have to worry about the rack falling over.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post
    I'm storing about 600# on each tree.
    Jesus, man.