starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I'd like to reach a goal by dec 1st. I"d like a suggestion.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Smolov Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkroman View Post
    Yes, squats and deads do give you the most bang for your buck, but if you wanna actually have a bigger upper body that goes with the added mass of your lower body, I'd suggest you do bench press, overhead press, and chin-ups.
    People read what they want to read so they can say what they want to say. I had an underdeveloped chest so to start working out again with a 8-12 week chest program baffels these idiots. They use their free time trying to post clever posts on a place where they are supposed to fill out a work out log then go on with their day. Instead they make this their social hang out. There is no evidence strong people are quality people. On the contrary look no further then this forum to see evidence of the stronger a lifter gets the more the ass hole they are as a human being has the confidence to be on display.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    People read what they want to read so they can say what they want to say. I had an underdeveloped chest so to start working out again with a 8-12 week chest program baffels these idiots. They use their free time trying to post clever posts on a place where they are supposed to fill out a work out log then go on with their day. Instead they make this their social hang out. There is no evidence strong people are quality people. On the contrary look no further then this forum to see evidence of the stronger a lifter gets the more the ass hole they are as a human being has the confidence to be on display.
    Hey now! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MPhelps View Post
    Smolov Jr.
    were you suggesting i do that program. It didn't register what you were saying. Until i just looked back at the thread. I'll look it up. Why did you recomend it

Says the Stabber...

Oh. Sorry. I was responding to got2squat's post about a bench workout.

Quote Originally Posted by MPhelps View Post
    Smolov Jr.
    were you suggesting i do that program. It didn't register what you were saying. Until i just looked back at the thread. I'll look it up. Why did you recomend it
    Last edited by MPhelps; 12-06-2015 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Didn't add quote from rich

Richie, the fact of the matter is too many people think they are special - a unique case. That the general rules of physiology and adaptation don't apply to them. Too many people believe that they need to target "weak points," or some other such nonsense. They want special programs. They want to spice it up. They want to run a phase of tomfoolery. When, generally, the fact of the matter is, they just have not put in enough work on the Big 4. This stuff ain't rocket science, despite what the industry at large wants us to believe.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm only doing the bench press until i regain strength and grow some size so I'm better per-portioned.
    Fantastic.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456