starting strength gym
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Training Motivation Thread

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Okay, we mentioning stupid squat weight for stupid reps? Come on, you know what needs to be here...

I guess he even claimed if he were still trying to train to his maximum, he could have made a 1000 lbs single for that bet he was involved in. No clue how seriously to take that.

And anything with Dan Green is awesome. That dude is freaking awesome. I love how down to earth he comes across, despite how damn good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Okay, we mentioning stupid squat weight for stupid reps? Come on, you know what needs to be here...

I guess he even claimed if he were still trying to train to his maximum, he could have made a 1000 lbs single for that bet he was involved in. No clue how seriously to take that.

And anything with Dan Green is awesome. That dude is freaking awesome. I love how down to earth he comes across, despite how damn good he is.
    This video always gets me pumped.

The one, the only...

Ed is on crutches right now, he had hip replacement surgery. Both are now new.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Ed is on crutches right now, he had hip replacement surgery. Both are now new.
    How common is that type of thing for Power Lifters? The only serious Power Lifter I knew before I started lifting myself squatted over 700# in the 90's but doesn't any more since he got his hips "resurfaced," and that's got me wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Serack View Post
    How common is that type of thing for Power Lifters? The only serious Power Lifter I knew before I started lifting myself squatted over 700# in the 90's but doesn't any more since he got his hips "resurfaced," and that's got me wondering.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find older and geared lifters have more issues; The suits and briefs help, and indeed came about at first because of this kind of problem, but geared squat stance is notoriously harsh on the hips. Anyone who was at it during the 90's would likely have a more appropriate stance for the stuff they wore, even for the strength it was back then.

Default Here's a great video from Izzy

Default Saturday 4-16-16

New All-Time World Record Raw Total without knee wraps: 1,075kg/2,369.9lbs @ 140kg/308lbs. Highest Raw Total in the world regardless of weight class.
    This was also the first ever in Powerlifting History for anyone to do a 900+ Raw Squat without wraps and a 900+ Raw Deadlift in the same meet.
    All these records and he's still only 25 years old.

starting strength coach development program
    Strong. One word that is simultaneously the only classification and wholly inadequate description.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast