starting strength gym
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: New Shoe: Sabo GoodLift (flats)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi guys, this is an old thread but I wonder if any of you can speak to the width of these, or how they compare to the Sabo Deadlifts or the Metal Powerlifting shoes?

I'm one of those novice lifters you were debating how to advise on shoes. I am flexible enough to toddler squat comfortably so I figured I could just get a flat shoe and use it for everything.

I have very wide flat feet and I usually wear a Keen size 40 or a New Balance EE width shoe with Superfeet in there. I'm lifting in the New Balance sneakers right now but I need a more stable shoe.

I thought these Sabo GoodLift or the Metal might be best because if shoes are made of leather and turn out to be too narrow in the forefoot I can get them stretched. I measure out at a European 38.5 for length, so I was thinking I should size up to a 39 in whatever shoe I get. However, the fact that I usually wear a Keen 40 makes me worry the 39 will still be too small.

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if it matters I'm not interested in competing, just general strength development.

Thanks, Jess

Goodlifts are wider than Deadlifts.

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    Goodlifts are wider than Deadlifts.
    Thanks GTL. Today I used my Keens sneakers, with Superfeet replacing the stock innersole. It actually worked well because the Keen has no padding or shock absorbance in the sole, it's all in the thick squishy rubber innersole, which is easy to pull out.

I'll keep an eye out for a sale on the GoodLifts.

Goodlifts or the deadlifts shoes for a sumo puller?

gtl said above that GoodLifts are wider than Deadlifts. I assumed he was talking about Sabo Goodlifts vs Sabo Deadlifts. No one has replied about the Metal shoes.

edit: Oh i see what you mean. You're asking which of those would be better for sumo deadlifting. Sorry. I'd delete this reply but I can't find a delete post button.
    Last edited by JessEvans; 02-21-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant734 View Post
    Goodlifts or the deadlifts shoes for a sumo puller?
    Dealifts IMO

I have the Metal shoes. They are pretty narrow. I've heard of guys with wide feet not liking them at all.

Regarding the sabo goodlifts, could anybody who owns a pair confirm for definite whether the foot sits horizontal​ in these ?

I'm looking for a completely flat and supportive shoe for squatting.

Quote Originally Posted by generalstrength View Post
    Regarding the sabo goodlifts, could anybody who owns a pair confirm for definite whether the foot sits horizontal​ in these ?

I'm looking for a completely flat and supportive shoe for squatting.
    There is no heel if that's what you mean.

starting strength coach development program
    I was thinking they may have an effective rise due to internal design, an internal heel.
    I've some addidas wl shoes which have a typical external heel, but also more internal height at the heel. Even if you removed the external heel, the heel of your foot would sit higher than the front of your foot.

So that's​ the question.
    Can't get an answer from sabo - they simply state that the sole is flat. This doesn't answer my question. When i squat in shoes with even a small rise i can feel the difference.
    Last edited by generalstrength; 04-28-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Mistake

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast