starting strength gym
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shoe: Sabo GoodLift (flats)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    The sole isn't very thick. Take out the insoles.
    Well they're thicker than the sabo Deadlifts. Either way I've wound up going back to romaleos after a nasty incident with the lites and the head ref....

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    Well they're thicker than the sabo Deadlifts. Either way I've wound up going back to romaleos after a nasty incident with the lites and the head ref....
    On bench or deadlift? I never bench in flats, but after really giving weightlifting shoes an honest-to-goodness try for several training cycles of pulls, I find that I can still pull a good bit more in flats, and I like my de-insoled CF Lites far better than my Sabo Deadlifts for the job, despite the lack of strap.

On bench or deadlift? I never bench in flats, but after really giving weightlifting shoes an honest-to-goodness try for several training cycles of pulls, I find that I can still pull a good bit more in flats, and I like my de-insoled CF Lites far better than my Sabo Deadlifts for the job, despite the lack of strap.
    On bench. Heels down didn't appear to be heels down to the ref.

On bench. Heels down didn't appear to be heels down to the ref.
    Pretty sure all the meets allow you to change footwear between bench press and deadlifts. But if you can pull well in weightlifting shoes, you should.

Pretty sure all the meets allow you to change footwear between bench press and deadlifts. But if you can pull well in weightlifting shoes, you should.
    They do (at least all the ones I've watched/completed in). I had been doing all lifts in lites, and completed that way. I can't pull in weight lifting shoes. I've tried, but it's not happening.

But if you can pull well in weightlifting shoes, you should.
    Why, over a dedicated deadlift shoe?

I can't pull in weight lifting shoes. I've tried, but it's not happening.
    Then I recommend giving a try to the CF lites sans insoles. Best flat deadlifting shoe I've ever used (I like them better than Sabo Deadlift, and NB Minimus).

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Why, over a dedicated deadlift shoe?
    I currently hold the opinion that they help people within most of the normal range of proportions get a little more quad into the movement to break the bar off the floor, and provide a better interface between lifter and floor than any of the deadlift shoes I'm aware of. One of those things I'm not that certain I have modeled correctly in my head though, if you wanna take a crack at convincing me otherwise.

I currently hold the opinion that they help people within most of the normal range of proportions get a little more quad into the movement to break the bar off the floor, and provide a better interface between lifter and floor than any of the deadlift shoes I'm aware of. One of those things I'm not that certain I have modeled correctly in my head though, if you wanna take a crack at convincing me otherwise.
    Do you think the vast majority of people deadlift more from the floor or from a deficit?

Edit: can you pull more from the floor or from blocks/rack pull?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Do you think the vast majority of people deadlift more from the floor or from a deficit?
    From the floor, of course. A little bit of heel elevation effects things differently, (again: in my current mental model), from the same amount of entire-foot elevation.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast